Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Development Post Graduate Intern (K-State Athletics)
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 510637
Employment type: Internship
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for a Development Post Graduate Intern, which is a temporary, full-time, benefits-eligible position for up to 24 months.
An example of job responsibilities includes but is not limited to the following:
• Responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Ahearn Fund
• Assist with all aspects of the annual giving program, fundraising events, premium seating, capital campaigns including the Building Champions Capital Initiative Campaign
• Communication and graphic design
• Evening and weekend work is required as well as some travel
• This position will also work directly with other K-State Athletics administrators to get a full scope of the business operations of a Power 5, Division 1 intercollegiate athletics department where special projects will be assigned
• Other duties as assigned
Why Join Us:
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree by hire date
• Minimum one year experience in intercollegiate athletics
• Strong written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Customer relations experience
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Previous experience in Athletics Development or External Athletics Operations
• Adobe Photoshop and/or InDesign experience
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Resume which must contain three professional references with contact information (name, title, phone number, email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Salary Range/Pay Rate:
$ 10.00 per hour (approximately $20,800 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) in the first year; potential to earn $12.50 (approximately $26,000 yearly estimate plus paid overtime) after completion of first year with a successful review. Paid biweekly (26 pay periods).
• Medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave plan
• Term life insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If selected candidate will be working in the development or ticket office, the background check will include a credit check.
Advertised: May 05, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2249034