Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Title: Director, Financial and Policy Analysis
Position Number: 103218
Category Status: Exempt Staff, Full-time 12-month position
Unit: AGNR-Deans Office-Administrative Services Office
Location: University of Maryland, College Park, Symons Hall
Position Summary/Purpose of Position
(AGNR) seeks a Director of Financial and Policy Analysis to directly support the Assistant Dean for Finance and Management, the Dean’s Office sub units, and departmental business offices. The Administrative Services office falls under the Dean of AGNR supporting Academics, Extension and Research missions of the college. Major responsibilities included are listed below with emphasis on data analysis, financial analysis, strategic planning and understanding the complexities of being the land-grant college. This position will also assist the Assistant Dean in working with campus constituents and college constituents across the state of Maryland.
• Manage the day-to-day business operations of the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Dean’s Office and its sub units, assist the Assistant Dean with College level oversight, manage the annual budget process, and serve as a resource to the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources departments in the areas of procurement, inventory, fiscal operations, capacity fund management, and other administrative functions; assure compliance with fiscal procedures and regulations.
• Provide budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis support to the Associate Deans and business managers for the Agricultural Experiment Station and University of Maryland Extension with consideration for the unique needs and operations of the Experiment Stations and Extension offices.
• Research, develop, analyze, and prepare complex financial analysis, reconciliations, trend data reports, and other specialty financial reports inclusive of revenue, budget balance, and fund balance forecasting as need by the College, Provost, or Controller’s Office.
• Supervise, manage, and develop two direct reports.
• Assist with developing needed business analytics in the form of dashboards inclusive of data reconciliation and providing training on AgDashboards.
• Participate in Campus-wide initiatives regarding financial systems and business process redesign; assist with the development of solutions, testing, and providing training to Divisions across Campus.
• Assist with ensuring that department and Center reviews are completed on a timely basis consistent with established policies.
• Work closely with Assistant Dean on the management of Plant Reserves account and act as point of contact for financial matters related to Plant Reserves.
• Act as point of contact for requests for financial information from entities outside of
UMCP and provide ad hoc financial analysis to support requests.
• Provide training to AGNR units on the use of Kuali Financial System (KFS) reports and
• Act as the college’s unit liaison and central point of contact for the Kuali Financial System (KFS) and Inventory.
• Maintain chart of account attributes and perform other account maintenance.
• Maintain an electronic archive of documents for the Budget section of the Administrative Services Office.
• Assist with development of policies and procedures for the college.
• Provide assistance to the Assistant Dean in the areas of presentation creation, legal issues, informational audits, and other matters on an as needed basis.
• Primary approved of Dean’s Office Kuali Financial System (KFS) documents.
• Manager user access to financial and administrative systems as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Minimum of seven years’ experience in progressively responsible position(s) with demonstrated ability to structure and use data base query tools in a financial environment and history of policy development. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software; specifically, spreadsheet applications (e.g. Microsoft Excel). Must have strong financial background with a demonstrated ability to analyze complex data, financial information, and administrative processes. Must have the ability to assist with the development of potential solutions or policies to address financial and administrative issues. Ability to train and instruct non-financial directors and other staff on fiscal policies, procedures, and compliance. Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Previous supervisory experience.
Master’s Degree in Business Administration or related field preferred. Specific knowledge in query reporting tools and Microsoft Office software specifically data base and spreadsheet applications. Experience in higher education with responsibilities in budget, accounting, or fiscal planning activities, preferred. Previous work experience with a Land-Grant Institution a plus.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/84987
Best Consideration Date:
For best consideration, apply by 08/13/2021. Position open until suitable candidate is identified.
University programs, activities, and facilities are available to all without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, political affiliation, physical or mental disability, religion, protected veteran status, genetic information, personal appearance, or any other legally protected class. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply