Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Director of Corporate Engagement (College of Business)
Department: 3670025012 Business Adminstration Ins Sp
Job no: 511382
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Executive / Director / Management
Pay Grade: 12A
About This Role:
The College of Business at Kansas State University invites applications for Director of Corporate Engagement, a new position in the college. A critical aspect of our college strategic plan is to build our corporate partnerships to a higher level and degree of intimacy. Our goal is to increase both the quantity and quality of interactions that students and faculty have with the business community to create mutual value.
The director will manage a portfolio of existing corporate relationships as well as identify and prospect new corporate relationships. The director will work with constituents in the college to develop and implement a data-driven engagement strategy in order to facilitate successful company interactions with faculty, staff and students.
The work of the Director will:
• Increase internship and full-time job opportunities for students by connecting the CBA with new companies and deepening our relationship with existing companies.
• Enhance education quality by integrating business community partners into the educational experience through activities such as guest lectures, class visits to company sites, co-creation of content, co-teaching, and company-sponsored student projects in our courses.
• Promote existing and new educational offerings from the college (e.g., graduate programs, certificates, micro-credentials) to companies.
• Facilitate opportunities for collaborating around research, consulting, faculty internships, and other joint projects with faculty.
• When appropriate, work with KSU Foundation staff to increase corporate financial contributions to the college.
Progress on the items above will lead to will aid the attraction of new students to the college, improve the academic experience, elevate or brand identity, and grow the college budget.
Why Join Us:
Our goal is to provide excellent undergraduate and graduate degree programs that will prepare students to become successful business professionals in an increasingly diverse and interconnected workplace. The College's comparative advantage derives from a strong, inclusive family culture, a diverse and well-qualified student population, a faculty committed to high-quality research and teaching, dedicated staff, and strong support from alumni and the business community. The College is accredited by AACSB in both business administration and accounting.
To learn more visit: http://www.cba.ksu.edu/
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a Bachelors's degree and five or more years of experience working in a professional setting.
• Experience working with others to develop new partnerships.
• Experience in the management of relationships.
• Experience growing relationships over time.
• Demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the organization including CEOs, C-Suite executives, and other high-impact individuals.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to travel to meet with current and prospective corporate partners.
• Commitment to understanding one's own experiences and perspectives as well as the experiences and perspectives of diverse others in an effort to cultivate strong relationships and collaboration.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
In order to receive full consideration, please upload the following documents:
• Letter of interest addressing qualifications.
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by September 24, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$85,000 - $95,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 01, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2474954