Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Digital Media
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 512752
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Athletics, Graphic Design / Printing / Publishing
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for a DIRECTOR OF DIGITAL MEDIA, which is a full-time, salaried, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job duties includes but are not limited to:
• Oversee the production and management of content for K-State Athletics website, micro websites, mobile platforms and overall digital information strategies. Must be able to think creatively to develop innovative digital media information strategies to increase engagement with fans on a national level. Must work evenings and weekends in a non-traditional setting with non-traditional work hours.
• Assist the Senior Director of Creative Services and Director of Social Media, and communications and marketing departments to create and develop promotional content. Maintain communication among cross-functional teams such as marketing, communications, video productions, fundraising, and other departments in athletics and the University to ensure that messages are being carried through.
• Assist in the management of athletic department and individual sport social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Maintain knowledge of current national trends and future trends to ensure the digital media division in athletics is operating at a high level. Proactively identify areas for digital improvement. Other duties as assigned.
Why Join Us:
K-State Athletics is a proud member of the Big 12 Conference, and we are looking for someone who wants to become a member of our staff to help advance our Athletic Communications Office through hard work, knowledge, and dedication.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-Stat, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
The 2021 annual survey by Forbes magazine, "https://www.forbes.com/best-employers-by-state/#498d33c8487a", finds Kansas State University rates among the Top 3 employers in the state and is the best university employer in Kansas.
Manhattan was ranked # 19 in "Best Small Cities (under 75,000 population) in the U.S. by NerdWallet.com for Quality of Life, Economic Health, and Affordability while Livability.com named Manhattan the #1 College Town in America in 2018. K-State Athletics is also a proud member of the Big 12 Conference.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree by first day of employment, preferably in marketing, journalism, communications, computer science, sport management or other related field
• Two or more years of previous experience in web management and maintenance for the daily operation of a website, preferably in communications or athletics field
• Experience working on various content management systems
• Writing, editorial and communication experience/skills
• Strong experience, familiarity and understanding of popular social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikToc, etc.
• Basic knowledge of Adobe cloud suite and average to above average capability in Photoshop and InDesign
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Experience thinking creatively to develop innovative digital strategies
• Experience planning thoroughly and creatively
• Experience with social media coverage at sporting events at either the collegiate or professional level
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Ability to maintain strong working relationships with all internal/external staff and management
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Must be able to work non-traditional hours in a non-traditional setting
• Must possess the ability to be a team player
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, please complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
• Cover letter indicating your qualifications for the position
• Resume with three professional references that includes contact information (name, title, phone number and email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled
• Excellent medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Generous earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave plan
• Employer paid term life insurance
• Employer paid accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Employer paid long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
K-State Athletics Local Agency Employee Benefits Information: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2020/3/6/athletics-human-resources.aspx?path=resources
Salary Rate / Pay Rate:
$47,500 to $50,500
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If position is in development, business office or ticket office, the background screen will include a credit check.
Advertised: Apr 12, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3010669