Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Operations
Department: 3670050015 Research Vice President
Job no: 511258
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Research / Scientific / Grants
Pay Grade: 13A
About This Role:
The Director of Operations reports to the Vice President for Research (VPR) and provides executive-level staff support to the VPR, including taking leadership roles and coordinating initiatives. The Director of Operations will represent the VPR in various administrative matters across the university as delegated, work in concert and collaboratively with divisions and units responsible for major projects and initiatives, and serve on committees. The Director will help organize and ensure the implementation of campus-wide efforts originating from the VPR's office.
Why Join Us:
As the nation's first operational land-grant university, Kansas State University is dedicated to research that will better our community, state, and world. The university is a leader in global food systems, providing research and training that addresses the world's growing middle class and demand for quality, nutritious food. While this area is a focal point, it is only the tip of our research capacity. We are a small team working towards improving research at Kansas State University.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor's degree and 10 or more years of relevant experience with five of the 10 in business, financial, or technical field
• Five years of senior-level experience implementing major program initiatives and supervising key administrative staff in large and complex organizations, preferably in higher education
• Must be able to plan, develop and implement complex strategic goals and program initiatives that require the effective management of resources over short and long time frames
• Creative thinker, able to solve complex problems
• Must possess, or be able to swiftly develop, knowledge of the university's mission, processes, organization, culture and complex relationships with internal and external entities
• Must be able to analyze and prioritize institutional challenges and act on the VPR's behalf
• Must be able to work in a collegial manner and maintain effective relationships with a variety of persons, internal and external to the organization
• Must possess a high level of interpersonal skills in working with individuals in collateral, superior and subordinate positions
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to plan ahead
• Excellent project/program management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Online application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by September 20, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$75,317 - $99,786 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 11, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2431725