Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Director of The Office of Farm and Ranch Transition
Department: 3670010030 Agricultural Economics
Job no: 511570
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Business / Accounting / Finance, Executive / Director / Management
Pay Grade: 13A
About This Role:
The Office of Farm and Ranch Transition is a newly formed program to serve the needs of beginning farmers/ranchers and retiring/transitioning farm families across Kansas. The Director will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the office and working with an advisory board of partnering agencies to achieve program goals. The Director will have supervisory responsibilities for a half-time program assistant and will work as part of the K-State Research and Extension team. Funding is secured for three years with anticipation of the position continuing thereafter.
• Developing and maintaining a Land-Link program to match exiting landowners with potential beginning farmers and ranchers
• Performing financial analysis for farm families to assist in transition planning
• Working with other extension professionals to develop and deliver educational programming for beginning farmers and ranchers
• Leading bi-monthly meetings with the advisory board to communicate program achievements and gather feedback
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• B.S. in Agricultural Economics or closely related field and five to 10 years of relevant experience
• M.S. in Agricultural Economics or closely related field
• Experience assisting farm and ranch managers with financial and business planning decisions
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong familiarity with Kansas production agriculture
• Evidence of solid planning, prioritization and organizational skills
• Ability to effectively utilize computer technology, software and applications
• Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Program Management Experience
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
Office in Manhattan, KS with remote work flexibility.
Travel will be required for this position to meet with farm families across Kansas and to deliver educational trainings. Reimbursement for travel and subsistence related to achieving program objectives including either the use of a departmental vehicle or mileage reimbursement will be provided.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Name, phone number and email addresses of three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Review of application will begin on 11/4/21 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Preferred start date: ASAP.
For more information please contact Robin Reid, Extension Associate, at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$80,000 to $85,000 a year. Commensurate with training and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Oct 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2551862
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.