Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
The Director is responsible for managing all pre-and post-award grant and contract activities at the university. The Director assists the Associate Provost for Research in the management of university-funded programs, the formulation of university policies in matters involving research and scholarly activities. The Director identifies funding opportunities and trains the university community in the overall grant application and management processes. Participates in proposal development; advises faculty and staff on terms and requirements of funding opportunities. Directs the preparation of external grant/contract applications and the negotiation of all externally-funded grants and contracts. This position requires a high degree of collaboration with other financial and administrative offices as well as colleges and units across the university. The Director is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing post-award financial management training for faculty and staff to foster awareness, understanding, and support for a strong internal control environment regarding financial administration of sponsored projects.
• Develop workshops, seminars, and training programs on opportunities and topics related to externally funded programs.
• Monitors all aspects of sponsored program activity, and recommends the development of relevant new institutional policies or modifications to existing ones.
• Provide staff support to university committees concerned with research and sponsored programs.
• Ensure university-wide compliance with federal administrative regulations (including FAR, FAR supplements; Uniform Guidance, and other agency-specific regulations).
• Coordinates submission of financial reports.
• Coordinates undergraduate research programs with academic units.
• Manages pre-and post-award activities, subcontracts, negotiation of terms and conditions, and closeout of grant/contract accounts.
• Responsible for compliance with university policies and procedures in the development of proposals and responsible for monitoring program implementation and deliverables to funding agencies.
• Coordinates scholarly works including research with faculty researchers and students.
• Acts as liaison between inventors and potential licensees to review invention disclosures.
• Approves all grant expenditures.
• Coordinates preparation of the Facilities and Administration Proposal to the cognizant federal agency.
• Submits all proposals to federal agencies.
• Participate in professional development activities to maintain and expand areas of expertise.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Research Administration at an institution of higher education or non-profit organization. Certification in Research Administration. Demonstrated ability to understand and appropriately apply Federal, State, and University policies and procedures, and interpret cost principles including OMB Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200). Ability to research and interpret regulations and laws and disseminate information. Experience and ability to prepare, analyze and revise detailed proposal budgets, Ability to work with limited supervision and to design processes and evaluate the effectiveness of controls. Strong interpersonal skills, working knowledge of Microsoft office especially Excel and Word, database management, and analysis. Ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks with attention to detail; General knowledge of the web and skills in other internet research; ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing). Ability to identify /analyze problems. Ability to quickly understand and apply policies and procedures. Ability to analyze financial and other data relevant to allegations of misconduct, including fraud.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent listening skills.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to customer and team-oriented management.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement training activities.
• Demonstrated ability to productively and successfully work in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with senior administrators regarding technical issues.
• Knowledge of the Ellucian Banner
• An equivalent combination of education and directly related experience will be considered.