Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Title: Educational Specialist - Spanish Language Fluency
Classification: Education Program Specialist 1 (9745S1)
Program Area: Extension Center for Family Development
Office Location: To be determined
Application Deadline: June 9, 2021
This position provides expertise in the design and development of effective educational resources including online learning experiences. This individual will collaborate with Spanish-speaking SNAP-Ed educators, content experts, support staff and external consultants to design and develop Spanish language graphic, audio, video, online, and mobile learning materials that exemplify high quality, effective learning. The successful candidate manages the instructional design process and development team to ensure timely completion of education projects, while maintaining a high-quality end product.
This position is full-time through December 31, 2022.
Manage Educational Resource Design and Development (60%):
● Lead the instructional design process of Spanish language educational materials through all stages of development, including needs analysis, design, prototyping, production, and evaluation with use of effective training and education theory and practice.
● Conduct a national review of SNAP-Ed Spanish language online learning platforms, meet with other states’ development teams to understand best practices and lessons learned.
● In collaboration with Extension Learning Technology (ELT) team, manage the creation of a statewide SNAP-Ed Spanish language online learning platform that highlights Spanish language educational materials that can be utilized by staff, key partners and Spanish speaking audiences.
● Ensure that all educational resource development projects utilizes adult learning theory, instructional, design principles, and best practices for adapting resources to meet the needs of LatinX/Hispanic audiences.
● In collaboration with ELT, Spanish speaking SNAP-Ed Educators, content experts, support staff, and other partners, explore and recommend new technology solutions for learning and teaching online communities.
● In collaboration with members of the Center’s Applied Research and Evaluation (ARE) unit, design and develop evaluation tools.
● Maintain close attention to detail and meet short and/or frequently changing deadlines.
● Manage ongoing project communications with design team and other stakeholders.
● Manage the work of vendors and students as needed.
Training/Education Asset Development (30%)
● Coordinate the creation of culturally relevant learning assets including videos, audio, graphics, photographs, and other learning materials for Spanish speaking staff, partners and participants.
● Curate web-based Spanish language content for use in courses, training (online and mobile), and communications
● Train staff and partners on use of the Spanish language online educational platform and materials
Research & Evaluation (10%)
● Collaborate with SNAP-Ed staff and external partners and community members to ascertain learning needs
● Research and gather content information from relevant materials, documentation, and subject matter experts
● Evaluate developed content, online platform and other instructional materials for user satisfaction and educational effectiveness
● Review and analyze training evaluations, surveys, and assessment results and recommend instructional changes
Other Responsibilities Assigned as Needed
● Bachelor’s degree in education, instructional design, technology in education, or similar
● Three years of experience in educational resource development, which includes at least two years of creating culturally relevant resources for Spanish speaking audiences
● Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective, respectful, trusting relationships with diverse coworkers and community partners, including but not limited to relationships with people who are culturally, economically, generationally, politically and ideologically diverse
● Fluent in Spanish (verbal and written), and experience in leading culturally relevant projects intended for LatinX & Hispanic audiences
● Experience in the design of multimedia and e-learning training programs
● Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills in English and Spanish
● Experience in client service and/or consulting, assessment and evaluation experience
● Capacity to thrive in an exciting, ambiguous, future-oriented environment, and to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities
● Excellent project management and program development skills, strong organizational skills with meticulous attention to detail
● Enthusiasm for contributing to a fast-paced work environment; and demonstrated ability to work well independently and in cooperation with colleagues in a service-oriented, collaborative setting
● Ability to work within a cross-team structure
● Ability to lead projects and teams
● Reliable internet
● Ability to keep a flexible schedule to include nights and weekends
● Ability to travel throughout the state
· Valid driver's license and own means of transportation with required liability insurance.
· Personal cell phone that can be used, as needed, for work purposes and published publicly in the directory.
· Access to a reliable internet and ability to work remotely as needed or arranged.
● Master’s degree in education, instructional design, technology in education, or similar
● Familiarity with the University of Minnesota Extension, Health and Nutrition programs, or SNAP Education
● More than 3 years of relevant experience
● Training in principles of ACES and trauma-informed practice
● Experience using community engaged, participatory processes
● Experience leading teams and supervising
This is a full-time, Professional & Academic (P & A) position. This position is full time funded by the SNAP Education grant through December 31, 2022. This is a University of Minnesota appointment and benefits, including medical, dental, and life insurance, are listed on the University of Minnesota Human Resources web page, https://humanresources.umn.edu/new-employees/benefits-summaries. This position location will be determined.
Please apply at: https://extension.umn.edu/about-extension/careers Job Opening ID: 340760
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click on the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position.
Please attach the following required application materials:
Three professional references, and transcripts for all college work (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) will be required for those invited to interview.
Additional documents may be attached after the application by accessing your “My Job Applications” page and uploading documents in the “My Cover Letters and Attachments” section. See full instructions, https://humanresources.umn.edu/find-job/using-job-app-system.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-624-UOHR (8647).
For questions about this position, contact:
CeAnn Klug, Associate Program Director, email@example.com.
For questions about applying online, contact:
Tiffany McMillan, Extension Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
The University of Minnesota Extension shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.