Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670060010 Fac Building Maintenance
Job no: 511415
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Division of Facilities at K-State is hiring for an Electrician. This position is responsible for planning and scheduling new electrical distribution centers and maintain and repair the existing distribution centers which control the power for the campus, both high voltage (4,160V - 12,500V) and low voltage (110v, 220V, 240V, 440V, 480V). Be knowledgeable and proficient in the high voltage loop system on campus to enable the back feeding of high voltage to building substations in order to ensure minimum electrical outage time. Work hours are 7:30am to 4:00pm.
Why Join Us:
The Division of Facilities is an action-oriented service organization within the K-State family. We plan, budget, build, operate, maintain, clean, supply and transport. We are custodians, landscapers, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, project managers, engineers, architects, accountants, and administrative professionals — all stewards and leaders of an inspiring campus shared by many.
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off- vacation, sick and holidays.
To learn more go visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and one year of relevant experience. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by a hiring manager. This position is covered by the Kansas Association of Public Employees (KAPE) agreement.
• Prefer at least four years of experience in commercial electrical work, with two years at the journey level.
• Knowledge of high voltage and commercial electrical practices would be helpful.
• Journey/advanced level experience in electrical work.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
• Have and maintain a valid driver's license. Become certified as a Class 1 Asbestos worker during the probationary period and maintain it.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Online application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$19.13 - $29.64 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2487012