Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Emergency Management Specialist
Department: 3670050030 National Ag Biosecurity Center
Job no: 510594
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Health & Safety
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Emergency Management Specialist will work with other members of the National Agricultural Biosecurity Center to provide emergency management support, leadership, and innovative solutions to a wide variety of stakeholders, including the day-to-day operation of Kansas State University. The position's scope will include pragmatic emergency management functions (including incident support, training and exercise development, and plan development), as well as research and policy development supporting the U.S. food and agriculture sector. The Emergency Management Specialist will report to the designated Emergency Management Coordinator, but will generally function in a team environment within NABC, while also regularly working with other members of the Kansas State University community. The Emergency Management Specialist will serve as the primary point-of-contact for emergency management-related activities at times when the Emergency Management Coordinator is not available.
This position will be considered essential during times of inclement weather or other declared emergencies. Incident response or event support may result in a need to work outside of normal working hours.
Why Join Us:
Located on the campus of Kansas State University, NABC is an integral part of the Midwest's expanding animal health corridor. NABC contributes to and accesses a vast network of interdisciplinary research and resources in areas such as animal diseases, foodborne pathogens, plant infectious agents, emergency management, and environmental systems changes impacting agriculture, food, and One Health.
• NABC has extensive experience developing, implementing, and managing research projects, disease response planning, and training programs for multiple state and federal agencies — ranging from the U.S. Departments of Defense, Agriculture, and Homeland Security — to the intelligence community
• NABC is dedicated to increasing public awareness of agro-terrorism and developing solutions for improving agricultural and food production safeguards utilizing systems process analysis and risk assessments.
• NABC supports applied scientific research to develop practical agro-security capabilities and programs addressing diverse threats to the U.S. and world agricultural economies and food supply chains. We engage elements from the local, county, state, and federal governments to enhance national food security.
NABC welcomes new challenges where its subject matter expertise can be applied to enhance the capabilities of government agencies, private industry, and organizations to protect America's agricultural infrastructure.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• Verifiable evidence of leadership and decision-making skills in either a vocational or volunteer capacity
• Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Management, Agriculture, Animal Science, Meteorology, Risk Management, or related field
• Full-time experience in emergency management or related field
• FEMA ICS 100-400 Certification
• Exercise Development and Delivery Experience - HSEEP Certification
• Knowledge of common production agriculture and livestock practices
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Highly flexible and adaptable individual
• Creative problem solver
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Able to work in a variety of weather and conditions
• Ability to wear level 3 PPE
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Online application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 20, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$39,000 - $52,500 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 27, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2239233