Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Engineering Project Manager
Department: 3670065010 Campus Planning and Proj Mgmt
Job no: 510456
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Engineering, Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades, Community Development / Community Vitality
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Engineering Project Manager will oversee large and medium capital projects to include project scope, procurement of professional design services, materials delivery process, project scheduling, project budget, working with contractors and customers, contractor bids, invoices, field inspections, monitoring construction progress and project close-out. Provides engineering review and assessments of existing mechanical (HVAC and exhaust systems), electrical, plumbing systems to aid in the development of potential budgets and/or master planning for replacement or renewal of existing systems.
Why Join Us:
The Division of Facilities is an action-oriented service organization within the K-State family. We plan, budget, build, operate, maintain, clean, supply and transport. We are custodians, landscapers, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, mechanics, project managers, engineers, architects, accountants, and administrative professionals — all stewards and leaders of an inspiring campus shared by many.
This position is benefits eligible.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience in Mechanical, Plumbing, or Electrical systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of the design & delivery of professional AE services and construction project delivery
• Demonstrated knowledge of local codes and standards of design and construction
• Must be experienced in multiple contract delivery methods including mailto:CM@Risk in addition to traditional Design/Bid/Build project delivery
• Should have general knowledge of building commissioning and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification process
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Must have strong communication, organization, and leadership skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Microsoft Project, and AutoCAD
• Is comfortable in a highly fluid work environment; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Highly organized; ability to plan ahead so as to maximize efficiency based on available resources
• Ability to travel to on and off-campus locations for business activities
• 7-10 years experience in large capital project delivery
• Experience in a university setting or similar environment
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• State of Kansas Professional Engineering License or the ability to obtain within 12 months of hire. Emphasis in Mechanical, Plumbing, Electrical
• Valid driver license with good driving record; must be insurable.
• Leed Accredited professional.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Online application
• Cover letter
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$49,500.00 to $79,160.00 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 30, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233695