Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Event Management and Special Projects Coordinator
Department: 3670040010 Education Dean of
Job no: 511047
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Education / Instructional, Office / Clerical, Event Management / Services
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The College of Education is seeking an Event Management and Special Projects Coordinator who will serve as a member of the Center for Student Success and Professional Services team. This position will plan, implement, and coordinate College of Education events targeting future students. Additional duties include managing social media campaigns, affiliate groups and programs, and serving as liaison to community organizations dedicated to building the teaching profession.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Design, plan, implement, and collaborate on College of Education events including: Kansas Advanced Teachers Academy (KATA), Open House, COE Road Show, Education Symposium, Grandparents University, Celebration of Teaching.
• Plan and execute social media campaigns focused on the recruitment of new students and retention of current students.
• Develop and manage the COE Teacher Ambassador and Forever EdCats programs.
• Ensure COE speakers, conferences, and professional development opportunities are extended, in person and/or virtually, to Education Pathway/Teacher Preparation programs.
• Serve as COE liaison to education-based organizations.
• Assist as needed with events originating from various campus offices and organizations: Orientation and Enrollment, Transfer Days, Senior/Junior Days, and various other events and activities.
Why Join Us:
Whether it's through research, innovative programming, inspiring future teachers, or encouraging people to become teachers, K-State's College of Education is the largest teacher preparation program in Kansas - for good reason. We have responded to the changing needs of education by developing new programs and offering innovative degrees online that provide access to people from vastly different walks of life, cultures, geographic areas, and socio-economic backgrounds. Outstanding faculty, small class sizes, personalized advising, and state and nationally accredited programs support our excellence.
To learn more about the College of Education, please visit: http://coe.ksu.edu/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma and four years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in education or related field
• Knowledge of college and university work environments
• Experience recruiting prospective college or university students and/or supporting current college or university students
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. For best consideration, apply by July 22, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.00 - $17.31 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 07, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2356338