Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Assistant I
Department: 3670050040 Biosecurity Research Institute
Job no: 510495
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Executive Assistant I contributes to ongoing research and education mission activities of the Biosecurity Research Institute (BRI) by providing executive support to the Associate Vice President for Research/Director of the BRI. This position plays a critical role in a highly sensitive environment. The goals and mission of the BRI are related to education, training and research in infectious disease. External organizations and individual collaborations and partnerships are routinely encountered in conducting business at the BRI. Funding, contracts, cooperative agreements, publications, community outreach engagements, facility operations, education/training programs, etc., will be managed through the office of the Associate Vice President for Research/Director of the BRI to promote and carry out the mission of the Institute for the University.
Why Join Us:
The Biosecurity Research Institute (BRI) at Pat Roberts Hall on the Kansas State University Manhattan campus is a unique biocontainment research and education facility that has helped Kansas State University become a national leader in biodefense research.
• The BRI is the home of comprehensive infectious disease research to address threats to plant, animal, and human health, including food-borne pathogens.
• The BRI is unique in its capacity to perform multidisciplinary research on multiple pathogens and host species within a single facility.
• The BRI is committed to training the next generation of scientists who will study recurring and emerging infectious diseases. BSL-3, ABSL-3 and BSL3-Ag spaces offer a diverse range of research and educational opportunities.
• The BRI offers highly trained staff and unparalleled research support.
The BRI played a critical role in the selection of Manhattan as the site for the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility. Research, education, and training at the BRI are closely aligned with NBAF needs and priorities.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree (This position may use an educational equivalency as determined by a hiring manager.)
• Five years of relevant experience
• Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communications skills: ability to build constructive and effective relationships with a wide range of people
• Strong customer-service attitude
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Proven success providing administrative/programmatic support and coordination for an administrator at the director/department head level, including scheduling/calendar management, support for events, meetings, speaking engagements, or special projects, preparation of documents for signature, and communications support
• Superior organizational and project management skills with the ability to pay high attention to accuracy, detail, and follow-through
• Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude. Ability to work in a collegial manner with wide range of individuals
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrated experience making international travel arrangements and reimbursements
• Familiarity with university electronic programs including e-forms, e-mail client, and Content Management System or other similar systems for accounting, calendar and e-mail communication, and website maintenance
• Extensive knowledge and proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point to include online calendaring/scheduling and email, and Internet research
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Ability to pass a general background check upon employment and ability to successfully clear FBI Security Risk Assessment to perform duties associated with the Select Agent program within 90 days and every three years thereafter.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment (US citizen or alien with permanent resident card).
• Applicants must consent to and pass an initial basic criminal background check - refreshed every 3 years (condition of employment).
• Consent to and pass a Security Risk Assessment through Department of Justice for Select Agent Program (condition of employment).
• Valid driver's license upon employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Online Application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 30, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$49,500 - $64,310 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233670