Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an integral unit within the Office of the President, the Executive Director of Institutional Research Assessment and Effectiveness will lead the university in development with the institution self-knowledge and understanding of its competitive position by collecting, organizing, and interpreting institutional data for effectiveness analysis. The Executive Director supervises all institutional research activities which provide information for institutional planning, policy formulation, and decision making, directs and manages data collection, data analysis, and research activities relative to institutional research, accreditation, compliance reporting, and directs the compilation of data and manages the submission of required state and federal reports for policy maintenance and University activities. Successful candidates will be adept at fostering a culture of data-driven decision, mining, and interpretation with the ability to communicate about data standards and management across multiple constituencies.
Responsible for cultivating an institutional culture of demonstrated evidence emerging an integrated data management program and greater institutional accountability for data optimization and utilization and greater institutional accountability.
To perform successfully, the Director must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Masters in institutional research, education, behavioral science, statistics, big data, organizational management, quantitative methods, information systems, or related field required; doctorate preferred.
2. Administrative IR or related experience in higher education strongly preferred.
3. Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative and qualitative methods, statistics, survey research, analytics, and the use of data and information in institutional research, analysis, and decision-making.
4. Proficiency in the use of statistical software, spreadsheet, and communications technologies.
5. Functional knowledge of personal computers and mainframe applications for data acquisition and analysis.
6. Knowledge of state, federal, and regional accreditation requirements for the gathering, reporting, and disseminating data from higher education institutions.
7. Experience in the use of higher education reporting, presentation and statistical tools, such as Excel, SAP Crystal Reports, Tableau, Argos, SPSS, and SAS; ability to interpret or code SQL preferred.
8. Extensive knowledge and experience in IPEDS and other compliance reporting tools.
9. Experience and current knowledge of Ellucian Banner ERP.
10. Knowledge and experience with sources and uses of comparative institutional data.
11. Knowledge and experience with querying databases.
12. Knowledge and experience with creating and updating online dashboards.
13. Ability to work with discretion when dealing with confidential information.
14. Excellent verbal, written, and collaborative skills.
15. Success as a highly effective and efficient problem-solver.
16. Highly motivated with strong organizational skills.
17. Leader, self-starter, initiators, and ability to perform above duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
18. Ability to perform multiple tasks and responsibilities within established timeframes, while adhering to strict attention to detail.
This is a full-time executive administrative position. Interested persons with academic rank and designation can be added if applicable.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and recent letters of recommendation from three professional references with contact information to email@example.com by September 1, 2019, or mail to:
West Virginia State University
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 1000, 105 Cole Complex
Institute, WV 25112
Priority will be given to applications submitted by September 1, 2019; however, additional applications may be considered until the position is filled.
For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Human Resources at (304) 766-3156 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact IRAE@wvstateu.edu or Office of IRAE for additional information.