Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Executive Director of Campus Planning and Project Management
Department: 3670065010 Campus Planning and Proj Mgmt
Job no: 513011
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Architecture / Construction, Executive / Director / Management, Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades
Pay Grade: 15A
About This Role:
The Executive Director of Campus Planning and Project Management serves as the University architect and will play a significant role in planning & construction projects for the University. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the University's large capital project program, developing and successfully completing University projects in collaboration key stakeholders, and providing leadership for the planning & project management team.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Planning or a related field.
• Licensed as an architect required (NCARB preferred) with ability to attain Kansas licensure within 6 months of hire.
• Seven or more years of significant experience providing leadership and demonstrated knowledge in the planning, design and delivery of professional A/E services and management of facilities construction projects.
• Demonstrated knowledge of local codes and standard of design and construction
• Experienced in multiple contract delivery methods including mailto:CM@Risk in addition to traditional design/Bid/Build project delivery.
• Should have general knowledge of building commissioning and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification process or equivalent building design standards.
• Experience in facilities construction processes, and oversight of a major capital improvement program.Knowledge of RFP and procurement process, and negotiations of contracts, including contractual terms and conditions.
• Master's degree in architecture, engineering, management, or finance from an accredited university
• Successful and progressive professional and administrative experience in facility construction and management in higher education or similar industry.
• Strong collaborative interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive and effective relationships across campus with administrators, faculty staff, students and external constituencies with the ability to effectively communicate complex information clearly in written and oral format to a variety of audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to be a creative problem-solver, a strategic thinker and decision-maker.
• Development, review and management of the Department's annual budget, performing cost and productivity analyses and reviews each project's expenditures to ensure that costs do not overrun the estimated budget.
• Represent the department on matters of policy, procedures and program development, including knowledge of legal, regulatory, and code requirements related to facilities and construction.
• Work as a team member with those reporting to the Associate VP of Facilities in providing services and support to the University.
• Understanding of complex, preferably governmental or higher education, procurement processes and state utility regulatory commission operations.
• Work experience in a higher education environment.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid driver's license with good driving record: must be insurable
• Successful completion of background investigation prior to employment
How to Apply:
Please apply using this https://www.wittkieffer.com/position/23590-executive-director-of-planning/.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 09, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3064323