Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670010090 Horticulture Natural Resources
Job no: 511385
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Research / Scientific / Grants, Natural / Quantitative Sciences, Extension Agent / Educator, Plant Sciences
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Department of Horticulture and Natural Resources invites applicants for a full-time benefits-eligible position focusing on consumer horticulture Extension programming. Specifically, this position will be responsible for coordinating the training, evaluation, reporting, and other needs of the Extension Master Gardener (EMG) program in Kansas. The state EMG Program Leader is a critical and integral component of the Extension horticulture program in Kansas. The successful candidate could be based in Manhattan or could work remotely from another location in Kansas.
• Lead cohesive statewide programming and reporting efforts by working with state Extension Specialists, field staff, and county/district Extension personnel.
• Lead and facilitate the implementation of basic and advanced EMG training
• Provide training for agents and volunteer coordinators on EMG program implementation, policies, volunteer management, risk management, evaluation, and reporting.
• Develop and implement evaluation of the statewide EMG program
• Provide oversight and management of the EMG database and reporting website, including modernization, user testing and training.
• Lead a team to develop and deliver annual statewide EMG Advanced Training conference
• Collaborate with 4-H to support youth horticulture events
• In cooperation with the KSU Soil Testing Laboratory, manage the horticultural soil testing recommendations and provide assistance and training to agents as necessary.
• Work collegially in teams and independently to accomplish program objectives.
• Other duties as assigned, within a consumer horticulture framework
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in horticulture or related field and 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Experience with Extension programming
• Experience working with volunteers and volunteer management programs
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including technical writing and interpersonal communication
• Computer skills: Microsoft Office, videoconferencing, etc.
• M.S. degree in horticulture, adult education, or related field
• Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for innovative program ideas and digital delivery of educational content through multiple online platforms including social media
• Demonstrated ability to creatively and collaboratively problem-solve and work with a wide variety of volunteer management scenarios
• 3-5 years relevant experience
• Experience with program evaluation and impact reporting
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of application
• Names and contact information for 3 references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by September 22, 2021
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 02, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2476386