Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Extension Associate provides educational leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of research based, integrative statewide Extension programs that meet the needs of limited-resource and socially-disadvantaged audiences. Delivers training and educational support materials for field staff and their clientele/customers in 4-H STEM, consistent with the philosophy, policy and overall mission, goals and educational objectives of the Cooperative Extension at North Carolina A&T. Specifically, this position coordinates and develops programs for K-12 youth within a designated cluster of counties (Wilson, Pitt, Nash, Edgecombe, Martin, Bertie, Hertford, Halifax, Beaufort, Washington and Warren) to increase skills and competencies in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) that are delivered in community based settings through Cooperative Extension at North Carolina A&T 4-H program and partnerships across the state. This position will be located in Vance County.
Requires masters degree from an accredited university in a scientific, engineering, or quantitative discipline; technical teacher education; or educational/instructional technology, computer science or other STEM disciplines.
· In-depth knowledge of state and national trends and relevant data supporting Extension program development for limited resource youth.
· Experience in the design and development of educational training materials for use in community based educational programming.
· Experience in planning, conducting and evaluation of extension or non-formal education programs.
· Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment as well as independently.
· Demonstrated ability to engage youth from diverse audiences and settings.
· Ability to initiate and complete program and projects as outlined.
· Ability to interact and gain support from constituencies outside the university such as business and industry, state and federal agencies and non-profit and private foundations.
· Computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Office, etc.)
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle multiple demands and set priorities.
· Ability to travel 75% of time, including overnight stays and occasional weekends.
· Must be able to lift and carry training supplies, publications and equipment needed for training programs.
· Have car for travel in instances when a state vehicle may be unavailable and travel deemed necessary
Special Instructions to Applicant:
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must attach a DD 214 form. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with your application during the process of applying to the job posting. Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.