Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
EXTENSION EDUCATOR, FAMILY AND CONSUMER SCIENCE (EFNEP) - 117069
College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences (ACES)
University of Illinois Extension
The Extension Educator serves as a regular, full time, 12-month academic professional with primary responsibility for the development, delivery, and evaluation of educational programs supporting the mission of the University of Illinois Extension. Extension Educators support one of the four core Extension program areas and within that program area may focus on one or more of the following interdisciplinary focus areas: Community, Environment, Economy, Food, and Health. Programmatic objectives of Extension Educators will be consistent with national and statewide initiatives considered of significant importance to residents of the state of Illinois.
Extension Educators will be expected to deliver research-based educational programs and to work within team settings that may consist of other Extension Educators, community college professionals, and faculty within and outside of the College of ACES. The establishment of professional networks as well as the development of relationships with key stakeholder groups is vital to the success of Extension Educators. Extension Educators will be expected to be part of the statewide network of Extension program delivery as needed.
The Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Science (EFNEP) is expected to concentrate programmatically on the Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP). This programmatic concentration includes: providing educational leadership for the integrated content areas which empower limited-resource families to reduce the effect of factors placing them at risk nutritionally, including: basic nutrition, meal planning, shopping for food, access to food, food budgeting and accessing other services. In addition, this Educator provides program management and supervision for the EFNEP civil service staff that instruct limited-resource clientele with young children.
One full-time position is available.
Location: Unit 13 – Champaign, Ford, Iroquois, and Vermilion Counties
(Position will be housed in Champaign, IL)
Additional positions may become available in other locations.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University’s commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
This is a security-sensitive position. Comprehensive background checks, including but not limited to a criminal conviction information check, a CANTS check, and a review of the Registered Sex Offender list, will be conducted.
Specific responsibilities of the Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Science (EFNEP) are as follows:
Program Development, Delivery and Evaluation
· Assess the needs of local clientele in a systematic and analytical manner. This will include networking and collaborating with community organizations and other relevant groups.
· Within the designated area(s) of specialization, develop innovative curricula and programs to address local needs as well as to mesh with the broader state and national interdisciplinary initiatives.
· Deliver high impact programs to diverse audiences utilizing a selection of innovative delivery mechanisms to optimize reach and effectiveness by directing community workers and teaming with other Extension personnel.
· Evaluate the impact of program initiatives in a planned and systematic fashion. Evaluation plans should focus not only on short-term impacts but also on long-term changes in clientele practices.
· Develop effective and contemporary approaches to communicate with clientele. This may include constantly evolving electronic technologies (e.g. apps, facebook, e-learning, etc.).
· Guide all program expansion and program quality processes by teaching and providing training and support to civil service staff who teach and work with limited resources families.
· Support voluntary educational delivery systems with relevant subject matter expertise.
EFNEP Local Program Leadership
· Provide program leadership for the local EFNEP, focusing on ensuring civil service staff are hired and prepared to deliver the program per EFNEP guidelines, interpret and integrate research based information, teach in the field of designated expertise, maintain the competencies to develop and deliver educational programming, and assist clients with the appropriate resource bases.
· Market and represent Extension’s interests to external partners and stakeholders in areas related to EFNEP.
· Cooperate with the County Director to achieve budget goals, address staffing needs, fulfill relevant grant initiatives, report impacts, and carry out all other items relevant to the operation.
· Supervise civil service personnel under the direction and in consultation with the County Director.
Organizational Leadership and Development
· Serve as an effective team member and volunteer for leadership roles as appropriate.
· Comply with all reporting deadlines and requirements (e.g. plans of work, activity and impact reporting, etc.)
· Compete for internal and external resources to enhance the development of innovative educational programs with potential for high impact.
· Assist with and support the total University of Illinois Extension program.
· Perform other duties that contribute to University of Illinois Extension programming, as assigned.
· Establish professional relationships and participate in campus-based partnerships that tie academic programs and research to complement Extension programming by partnering with Extension Specialists and/or faculty members on research projects as appropriate within the initiatives.
· Be an active member within a professional society(s) to keep abreast of changes within your discipline.
· Continually seek professional development opportunities to enhance competency in subject matter area.
· Use research and evaluation findings to create innovative programs and make changes to existing programs in order to improve quality.
· Share principles of evidence-based best practice with peers
The Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Science (EFNEP) is administratively responsible to the County Director.
The Extension Educator, Family and Consumer Science (EFNEP) is programmatically responsible to the Program Leader(s) for the delivery of programs that mesh with identified national and state priorities.
· Required: Master’s degree related to family and consumer sciences, nutrition, community/public health, or adult education from an accredited institution of higher education. Candidates with a Master’s degree in progress may be considered for interviews, but degree must be completed by hire date. Evidenced knowledge of and experience with community nutrition education best practices.
The position is a full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure academic professional position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Generous vacation and sick leave. State Universities Retirement System. Group health, dental, vision and life insurance.
To apply, go to https://go.illinois.edu/117069. Log in to your account and upload a cover letter and resume, as well as the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume dates must be in month/year format and employment history, at a minimum, should include all work dating back to the completion of your undergraduate degree. Positions that were less than full-time/100% must be noted as being part-time. Transcripts may be requested at a later date. To receive full consideration, all requested application materials must be submitted via the online system by the close date of August 26, 2019.For further information about the position please contact Julie Ritchey, at email@example.com. For technical assistance with the online application process please email firstname.lastname@example.org.