Apply to: https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job
Job ID: 30385
MU Extension’s distinct land-grant mission is to improve lives, communities and economies by producing relevant, reliable and responsive educational strategies throughout Missouri. Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff collaborate with researchers and community leaders to develop and deliver programs that address needs of Missourians including: educational attainment; environmental concerns; community, economic, business and workforce development; global food systems; and health systems. For more information about MU Extension, please visit http://extension.missouri.edu.
This full-time position is responsible for providing administrative and clerical support to the Nursing Extension Director and staff. Responsible for administrative assistance and support to ensure a smooth running department. Work as a team member throughout MU Extension. For more information about MUNO visit: www.nursingoutreach.missouri.edu
- Serve as the liaison for fiscal and HR functions between MUNO and the individuals assigned to MUNO out of the centralized fiscal and HR units.
- Monitor the financials related to all nursing extension accounts including grants, assisting the Assistant Dean to stay informed and current on all accounts.
- Monitor the financials related to all nursing extension conferences, assisting the Assistant Dean to stay informed and current on income and expenses for each solo conferences.
- Enter data into the Travel and Expense system related to reimbursement of speakers and staff.
- Reconcile One Card expenditures for MUNO faculty/staff.
- Complete and submit standard financial forms, contracts and speaker agreements, following university policies (ISE’s, po and non-po vouchers, requisitions, speaker agreements, consulting agreements, independent contractor and extra compensation forms).
- Implement processes related to recruitment including PAF’s, Hiring Request Form.
- Manage working calendar, conference registration/abstract tracking and maintain complete database of all educational activities provided by MUNO, including all the data required for the NARS (Nursing Activity Reporting System).
- Assist Nurse Planner with assuring that all educational program documentation required for ongoing nursing continuing education accreditation is complete and current.
- Data entry, retrieval, basic analysis – assist in compiling documentation for external funders and accrediting agencies. Track and monitor data, create spreadsheets and basic written reports.
- Create online conference evaluation forms in Qualtrics. Transfer evaluation data entered by conference participants into an online evaluation form, summarize the data using an online form and a pre-developed template and save on the shared drive (MUNO). Advise faculty when the reports are complete. Enhanced Leadership Development Academy (ELDA) quarterly grant report assistance by pulling and compiling data.
- Duplicate on line forms for various conferences in Qualtrics, using a standard template, for conflicts of interest, speaker request forms, and abstract collection and review forms.
- Create and manage data and reports on conference registrants in CVENT.
Conduct all activities in accordance with the Civil Rights Acts, Title IX, Rehabilitation, Americans with Disabilities Act and local, state and region affirmative action plans.
As with all positions, involvement with other duties and responsibilities may be expected in order to support the mission and purpose of MU Extension.
LEADERSHIP RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
This position reports to the Nursing Extension Director who oversees the management of the Nursing Extension program with functional supervision from the Associate Director of Nursing Outreach. Functional supervision may be exercised over a small to medium sized office support staff and student assistants.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
Experience in event planning and management desired.
Prior experience with University of Missouri clerical and fiscal processes and policies. Analytical skills and demonstrated organizational skills.
Professional and friendly demeanor with a demonstrated ability to work well with a variety of individuals.
CORE ATTRIBUTES FOR MU EXTENSION FACULTY AND STAFF
Exhibit a high personal standard of excellence, be an effective team player, and demonstrate inclusivity, civility and respect for all.
Engage stakeholders and learners, maintain positive interpersonal relationships, and exhibit effective written and oral communication skills.
Operate with minimal guidance, and be a self-directed learner who is flexible and adaptable to changing environments.
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer