Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provides educational leadership in the development, management, implementation, and evaluation of research based, integrative statewide Extension programs that meet the needs of limited-resource and socially-disadvantaged audiences. Delivers training and educational support materials for field staff and their clientele/ customers in family education, consistent with the philosophy, policy and overall mission, goals and educational objectives of Cooperative Extension at North Carolina A&T. Specifically, this position provides educational leadership for a statewide program in family life and human development with special emphasis on limited resource families consistent with the philosophy, policy and overall education objectives of the North Carolina Agricultural Extension Service. Responsible for programming in the areas of parent education, child care and development, family and interpersonal relationships and youth programs in human development.
• Ph.D. or Ed.D. from an accredited university in Child Development and Family Relations, or a closely related field.
• Experience in the design and development of educational training materials for use in community based educational programming.
• Computer literacy (proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Office, etc.)
• Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, interact and collaborate with colleagues and community partners.
• Ability to interact and gain support from constituencies outside the university such as business and industry, state and federal agencies and non-profit and private foundations.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and set priorities.
• Ability to travel 25 – 50% of time, including overnight stays and occasional weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicant:
You must complete and submit an electronic application for employment to be considered. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing an electronic application.
Applicants seeking Veteran’s Preference must attach a DD 214 form. Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty with your application during the process of applying to the job posting. Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks.
North Carolina A&T State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
North Carolina A&T State University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. No one who applies or seeks employment will be denied admission to or employment at North Carolina A&T State University on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disabling condition, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or sexual orientation and sexual identity.