Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670010210 NW Research Ext Center Colby
Job no: 511078
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular), Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Colby, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, 4-H Youth Development, Child Development, Extension Agent / Educator
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Western Center Head and Department Head of 4-H Youth Development seeks a dynamic and innovative professional to provide leadership and programmatic direction for 4-H Youth Development to:
• Statewide Healthy Living, Food Systems, Rural Community Health & Wellness youth programs (the state's largest 4-H project areas)
• Career and college readiness of youth
• Assigned to liaison Healthy Living related departments with K-State's College of Agriculture, Education, Health and Human Sciences including the Food Science Institute
• Local professionals & volunteers from 17 Kansas Counties (in the NW part of the West Extension Region) engaging in overall 4-H youth development in NW corner of KS
• Work collaboratively with the Western Centers Extension program specialists to meet local needs
The Extension Specialist will carry out the mission of the 4-H Youth Development Program and KSRE under the direction of the Western Research and Extension Centers Head, with contributions from the Department Head of 4-H Youth Development and the Western Local Unit Extension Director. This position is officed either from Colby or Hays, KS.
This position will also serve as a key member of a team of 4-H Youth Development Specialists who collaboratively work with the strategic content priorities of STEM & Agriculture, Communications, Culture, & the Arts, Health Living, and Community Vitality to develop and deliver high quality education programs and workforce readiness initiatives.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Master's degree in youth development, education, human development, non-profit and leadership studies, or a closely related discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (oral, written, and understanding skills).
• Demonstrated leadership in understanding and working with diverse populations, and/or strong evidence of cultural sensitivity.
• Demonstrated competence in building relationships and working effectively with individuals, groups, colleagues, and the ability to develop and lead partnerships and collaborations.
• Demonstrated leadership and skills in clarifying performance expectations in working with boards and coaching employees via remote supervision.
• Ability to speak and communicate bilingually (Spanish preferred) and evidence of cultural sensitivity
• Solid experience or coursework in developing and delivering education programs in an non-formal setting
• Experience with workforce readiness initiatives particularly related to health, food systems and STEM-related careers.
• Demonstrated record of competitive grant writing, fund development and marketing
• Experience in working with and supervising volunteers
• Teaching experience in community settings
• Demonstrated use of computer and technology in managing and/or delivering educational programs.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of application highlighting how the candidate fits the position and statement of their youth development philosophy and interest in workforce readiness initiatives.
• Curriculum vitae or resume.
• Copies of transcripts for all university degrees.
Review of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until sustainable candidate is found. For best consideration, apply by July 28.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 12, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2365483