Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Extension State 4-H Natural Resources & Camp Educator - Columbia, MO
Job ID: 35190
Please apply at https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic
HEADQUARTERED: University of Missouri-Columbia. 4-H Center for Youth Development.
The University of Missouri (MU) Office of Extension and Engagement’s distinct land-grant mission is to improve lives, communities and economies by producing relevant, reliable and responsive educational strategies throughout Missouri. Our dedicated and knowledgeable faculty and staff collaborate with researchers and community leaders to develop and deliver programs that address needs of Missourians including: educational attainment; environmental concerns; community, economic, business and workforce development; global food systems; and health systems. For more information about MU Extension and Engagement, please visit http://extension.missouri.edu/
The University of Missouri Extension is accepting applications for the position of 4-H Natural Resources & Camp Educator. 4-H is a youth development organization that centers around three mandate areas of STEM, Agriculture and Natural Resources, Healthy Living, and Civic Engagement. Missouri 4-H currently reaches an audience of approximately 60,000 youth with the aid of over 10,000 adult volunteers. The area of 4-H Natural Resources and Camp programming encompasses a wide range contests and events in the area of STEM, Agriculture and Natural Resources. This full-time position will be responsible for the planning and facilitation of state level, hands-on 4-H events, such as state 4-H judging contests, summer programs and educational programs to promote Natural Resources and Camping among youth and families around the state of Missouri. This position will also support new content area programming in the areas of STEM and Agriculture.
This position will have a working title of 4-H Natural Resources and camp Educator and a MU title of Extension Instructor.
This is a 12-month non-tenure track academic position which is eligible for renewal annually depending on continued programmatic need and individual performance.
· Plan, organize, and facilitate existing state 4-H Natural Resources and Camping judging contests, competitions, and other events.
· Provide statewide support and leadership to plan, organize and facilitate day and overnight camps.
· Assist state 4-H faculty in the creation of new state 4-H Natural Resources and Camp-based contests, competitions, and events.
· Assist state 4-H faculty in the development and implementation of new and existing programming in the areas of Sportfishing, Natural Resources and Day/Overnight Camping.
· Aid in the review and development of content area focused project curriculum and resources.
· Promote regional, state & national 4-H Natural Resources and Camping opportunities.
· Develop, promote, and implement 4-H Natural Resources and Camping delivery modes including, but not limited to, SPIN Clubs, Afterschool programs, etc.
· Develop, promote, and implement the 4-H sportfishing, Natural Resources and Camping at statewide initiatives and events.
· Introduce and promote 4-H sportfishing, Natural Resources and Camping with diverse audiences.
· Supervise student workers to support program events and activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Exhibit a high personal standard of excellence, be an effective team player, and demonstrate inclusively, civility and respect for all.
· Engage with stakeholders and learners, maintain positive interpersonal relationships, and exhibit effective written and oral communications skills.
· MU is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery, and excellence.
The University of Missouri, also known as Mizzou and MU, is the Flagship University of the four-campus University of Missouri system. It is the state’s land-grant university and one of the most comprehensive universities in the United States. MU’s broad undergraduate programs and its’ graduate, professional and research programs attract annual enrollment of more than 30,000 students. MU is centrally located in Columbia, MO, which is consistently ranked as one of America’s most livable cities. MU Extension programs are located on all four campuses and in 114 counties and St. Louis city.
LEADERSHIP RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Position will directly report to the Agriculture and Natural Resources State Specialist.
Candidates will be evaluated on:
· 1 – 2 years of experience organizing and facilitating judging contests and/or large-scale events.
· Master’s degree in Agriculture, Natural Resources, Youth Development, or another related field.
· Strong background in 4-H.
· Familiarity with new 4-H delivery modes (i.e. Afterschool, SPIN Clubs).
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to teach, manage, and engage an audience (youth and adult).
· Strong organizational, time, and project management skills.
· Ability to successfully create and manage a budget for events.
· Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
· Ability to work in both office and outdoor environments.
· Ability to lift and carry at least 35lbs.
· Additional background check will be required as position works closely with minors.
Successful candidate will also demonstrate the following:
· Effective and innovative teaching strategies that engage others. Must be able to integrate new and emerging technology into teaching strategies.
· Effective listening, written and oral communication skills including public speaking and presentation abilities.
· Organizational skills, interpersonal skills, problem-solving abilities and collaborative leadership experiences.
· Flexibility, resiliency, and the ability to operate with minimal guidance.
· Positive outlook, high personal standard of excellence, and passion for the vision, mission and values of MU Extension.
· Complete the brief online Application and prepared to upload:
· Cover Letter
· Copies of all academic transcripts, and
· a list of 3-5 references
For questions regarding the online application process, contact MUHRS@missouri.edu or call 573.882.7976. For technical problems with the online application process contact Helpdesk@missouri.edu or call 573.882.5000. For questions regarding this position, contact Lupita Fabregas at 573.882.5035
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278. EEO IS THE LAW
Extension State 4-H Natural Resources & Camp Educator - Columbia, MO
Job ID: 35190 Please apply at https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/academic