Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 511328
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades, Athletics
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for a FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR, which is a full-time, salaried, benefits-eligible position.
• Inspect sites regularly to identify and repair problems and provide necessary maintenance
• Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
• Hire and train part-time/student workers
• Coordinate daily cleaning and maintenance activities
• Conduct preventative maintenance, prepare and refurbish facilities throughout the year as needed
• Work varied days and hours as needed for events outside of normal scheduled hours
• Coordinate and oversee the setup and tear-down of events at KSA facilities
• Maintain grounds around building structures
• Perform duties associated with inclement weather which requires being outside in adverse weather conditions of all kinds/types
Why Join Us:
We are looking for a dependable person who wants to become a member of our athletics facility operations staff, who takes pride in the appearance of our facilities.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/careers/
Manhattan has been recently ranked #19 in "Best Small Cities (under 75,000 population) in the U.S. by NerdWallet.com for Quality of Life, Economic Health, and Affordability, while Livability.com named Manhattan the #1 College Town in America. K-State Athletics is also a proud member of the Big 12 Conference.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma or GED
• Five years of experience in maintenance or a skilled trade
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment and successful multi-tasking skills
• Vocational school degree, BS/BA, or license in a skilled trade
• Three (3) or more years of supervisory experience
• Experience with critical and strategic problem solving
• Experience interpreting blueprints, specifications and schematics
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Must have a valid driver's license at all times
• Must be able to work varied work schedules (days/hours) when required
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, please complete the online application AND submit/upload the following documents:
Resume with three professional references that includes contact information (name, title, phone number and email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
• Medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave plan
• Term life insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
K-State Athletics Local Agency Employee Benefits Information: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2020/3/6/athletics-human-resources.aspx?path=resources
Salary Rate / Pay Rate:
$40,000 to $45,000 Annual Salary ($19.24 to 21.64 hourly) with paid overtime
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If position is in development, business office or ticket office, the background screen will include a credit check.
Advertised: Aug 23, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2456143