Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Farm Manager (SW Research Extension Center - Garden City, Kansas)
Department: 3670010235 SW Research Ext Cntr Garden Cy
Job no: 510387
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Garden City, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Crop Production
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
This Farm Manager position manages the farm operations at Southwest Research Extension Center, located in Garden City, which includes all aspects of crop production, farm equipment and vehicle maintenance, and infrastructure maintenance on 700 acres of farmland. The Farm Operations project also takes leadership in the demonstration of best management practices for crop production and land conservation for the surrounding region. Supervise staff and/or other support/part-time/seasonal crew.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Minimum three years of experience in a managerial position related to production agriculture, budgeting, cash flow projections, purchasing of production inputs, and grain marketing
• B.S. degree in Agriculture or related discipline or equivalent cumulative and progressive experience
• Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
• Interpersonal skills that promote cooperation and teamwork
• Excellent record keeping skills
• Ability to effectively utilize spreadsheets, databases, and farm management software
• Familiarity with GPS and GIS as applied to production agriculture
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
• Valid driver's license to permit incumbent to operate automobiles, pickup trucks, and farm trucks (up to 24,000 GVW) having standard or automatic transmissions once employed. Ability to drive large and small farm equipment safely and skillfully. Ability to set up, calibrate, and operate precision agricultural equipment. Certified, or capable and willing to be certified, to apply restricted-use pesticides during agricultural operations.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• 3 personal references
• 3 professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 18, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233722