Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Fellow (Post Doc)
Department: 3670010040 Agronomy
Job no: 510253
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Plant Sciences
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Agronomy Department at Kansas State University is looking for a Fellow (Post Doc) to work on field research activities related to international soil and cropping systems research with emphasis on soil fertility recommendations in West Africa. This position will contribute to the vision and activities of Sustainable Opportunities for Improving Livelihoods with Soils (SOILS) consortium of the Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab (SIIL). Research design and coordination efforts will be primarily focused on soil fertility management, cropping systems, crop diversification, integrated nutrient management, and using soil-crop simulation models to quantify impact of management practices, changing environments on crop productivity, greenhouse gas emissions, carbon-foot print and resilience. International travel and extended stay in host country is expected.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Ph.D. in soil science, crop science, crop production, crop simulation modeling or related fields.
• Knowledge and experience in managing soil fertility, crop rotations and conservation agriculture experiments, measuring crop growth and soil fertility tests and knowledge of soil-crop modeling is essential.
• Experience in basic crop management and production systems is required.
• Proven record of working and conducting research in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural setting.
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly and effectively in English.
• Demonstrated ability to publish scientific articles in respected journals.
• International travel and stay is expected for extended periods.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• Contact information of three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 47,476 - $ 55,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 17, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233736