Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Fellow (Post Doc)
Department: 3670010060 Entomology
Job no: 511320
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Animal Sciences / Livestock
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
Fellow Post Doc in the Department of Entomology at Kansas State University, Manhattan, KS. This is a full-time, 40 hours per week, benefits-elgible postdoctoral fellow position to assist the PIs to complete a new research project supported by USDA/ARS through USDA/ARS Non-Assistance Cooperative Agreement (NACA) with Kansas State University. Annual renewal contingent on satisfactory performance and availability of funding.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Ph.D. degree in entomology or a related discipline with relevant coursework in entomology, biochemistry, physiology, molecular biology, and/or bioinformatics.
• Research experience in physiology, chemical ecology, behavioral ecology, molecular biology, bioinformatics and/or functional genomics using insects as experimental organisms; excellent knowledge in insect chemosensory system; excellent technical skills in bioinformatics, and characterization and functional analyses of insect genes.
• Excellent organizational, and written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents to https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/careers:
• Cover letter stating qualifications and research experience;
• Detailed CV;
• Copies of transcripts (M.S. and Ph.D.);
• Three recommendation letters
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on October 1, 2021, and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, please apply by October 1, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 18, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2445928