Fellow (Post Doc)
Department: 3670040020 Educational Leadership
Job no: 511529
Employment type: Post Doc (Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Education / Instructional, Research / Scientific / Grants
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
This is a one-year post-doctorate position focused on teaching, research, and service in the field of Indigenous Education. While we anticipate the role to be adapted to fit unique skills sets of a successful applicant, this position will be responsible for 1) teaching in a new program designed to prepare leaders for service in Indigenous education, 2) pursuing a research and publication agenda in an area relevant to Indigenous education, while also collaborating with College of Education faculty in research, publication, and other scholarly endeavors, and 3) Assisting with planning and coordination of local events such as the annual Indigenous Peoples Day Conference (which includes networking and building relationships with scholars nationwide) and Kansas Association for Native American Education gatherings (Note: It is not required that applicants are from Kansas).
This position will also receive funding support for conference travel, as well as a research university infrastructure and support to pursue external funding relevant to Indigenous education, if desired by the applicant.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University, the College of Education, and the Department of Educational Leadership have implemented several initiatives and programs relevant to Indigenous education. We are looking to build on these foundations to support the capacity for Native nations, communities, and peoples to be more involved in the education of their citizens. As the nation's oldest operational land grant institution, we feel it is imperative to acknowledge our complex history with settler-colonialism and support meaningful efforts to improve educational environments for Native peoples.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Doctorate in a field relevant to Indigenous peoples experiences in Education
• Experience working with Indigenous peoples and communities in the United States on issues relevant to education, community development, or sovereignty
• Advanced specialty research skill set (qualitative or quantitative)
• Research and/or publication experience with topics relevant to Indigenous education
• Experience in the field of educational leadership and/or policy studies
• Experience teaching in higher education
• Experience using digital teaching and research softwares, platforms, and other relevant technologies.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• An application cover letter to include discussion of past experiences and future goals as it relates to the position
• A full curriculum vitae
• A sample of academic writing
• Three letters of reference
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 29, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2547560
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.