Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Fellow (Post Doc)
Department: 3670080040 Diagnostic Medicne Pathobiolog
Job no: 512972
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology is seeking applicants for a Fellow (Post Doc) position. The purpose of this position is to provide training and research support to the Center for Outcomes Research and Epidemiology (CORE) and collaborate on the ongoing and developing research initiatives between CORE and the United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service (USDA ARS).
• Support implementation of several studies as they pertain to the fundamental physiological, cellular, molecular, and immunological analysis of animal systems. Explore the anti-viral properties of sorghum polyphenols and other natural products.
• Participate in the design, data collection, interpretation, and reporting of data pertaining to research related to mammalian responses to arboviral infections, animal health, and veterinary medicine.
• Scientific writing; scientific manuscripts for publication and reports.
• Help implement and administer projects, and disseminate new knowledge and tools resulting from research.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Ph.D. in biomedical sciences with expertise in immunology, cell biology, virology, and/or molecular biology. Alternatively, a DVM plus graduate degree (i.e., MS or PhD), or successful completion of three years of an internship, residency program, and/or fellowship training program in a discipline related to the position (e.g., pathology, lab animal medicine)
• DVM and Ph.D. in immunology, molecular biology, virology, or related biomedical science field
• Hands-on skills in generating and maintaining primary rodent cells including peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs)
• Virological laboratory experience - IFA, virus isolation, virus purification, virus titration and quantification
• Experience studying macrophage characterization and function
• Experience working with or conducting studies with rodents
• Experience with basic cell and molecular biology techniques including: tissue culture, quantitative PCR and western blots.
• Documented ability to independently analyze and present scientific data at meetings and prepare and submit scientific reports and publications
• Ability to collaborate within a research team
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit cover letter, Curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 50,000 - $ 60,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 02, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3049073