Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellow (Post Doc) (Diagnostic Medicine / Pathobiology)
Department: 3670080040 Diagnostic Medicne Pathobiolog
Job no: 511779
Employment type: Post Doc (Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Veterinary Medicine
Pay Grade: 001
About this Role:
The Department of Diagnostic Medicine/Pathobiology within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Fellow (Post Doc). This position will support ongoing and future projects by planning, conducting, collecting, and analyzing research data; and dissemination of data through preparation of peer-reviewed articles and meeting presentations.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Conduct research studying zoonotic viral diseases in vitro and in vivo including work with large animals, mice, and mosquitoes.
• Analyze data and prepare manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication; present data at local and national meetings.
• Support team training programs by serving as a subject matter expert and hands-on procedure observer.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Ph.D. in pathobiology, virology, immunology, molecular biology, or related field
• Four years experience with molecular biology, cell culture techniques, research conducted in BSL-2 and BSL-3 environments including animal research
• Proven experience writing and editing peer-reviewed manuscripts and presenting research at local and national meetings
• Ability to work independently and as a multicultural team member
• Ability to manage and prioritize personal work tasks and projects within the confines of time and available personnel
• DVM with Ph.D. in pathobiology, virology, immunology, molecular biology, or related field
• Previous teaching experience as a subject matter expert related to transboundary animal diseases and/high containment research to assist in training programs conducted by the team
• Previous experience training new team members including graduate students
• All K-State employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless granted an exemption by the university) by December 8, 2021 or their first day of employment, whichever is later, pursuant to the federal executive order for federal contractors. To learn more about this requirement and potential exemptions, please visit K-State's COVID-19 https://www.k-state.edu/covid-19/vaccine/requirement/.
• Ability to undergo and maintain a favorable background investigation and National Select Agent Registration security risk assessment; ability to undergo and maintain a US Government security clearance if required.
• Ability to pass a baseline physical; ability to wear personal protective equipment required for work in BSL-3 laboratories. This job has potential for safety hazard exposures and infectious disease exposure. Protective vaccines will be offered as needed. Ability to transport/maneuver large animals in a high containment environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 47,476 - $ 65,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Nov 09, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2628282