Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Fellow Postdoctoral Scientist (Biology - Wallace Lab)
Department: 3670020060 Biology
Job no: 509392
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Research / Scientific / Grants, Natural / Quantitative Sciences
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Division of Biology at Kansas State University is seeking a Fellow Postdoctoral Scientist for a full-time position in the Wallace Lab. Responsibilities of this role include:
• Research: Evaluating DNA repair in cell culture models of HPV+ cervical cancer cells, using methods including but not limited to tissue culture, western blot, immunofluorescence microscopy, organotypic raft cultures, drug sensitivity assays, and other standard molecular virology techniques
• Mentor/Supervise Junior Scientists: This position is part of a multi-scientist team. As a result, it will be necessary to mentor and supervise junior scientists working on the project.
• Lab Maintenance: Oversee/perform routine cleaning, media preparation and repairs of laboratory equipment, reagents and infrastructure.
Why Join Us:
Our multidisciplinary research approach offers growth opportunities for a motivated, enthusiastic individual. Kansas State University is located in Manhattan, a beautiful college town nestled against the Flint Hills in Kansas. Manhattan was recently rated by Forbes to be third in the list of best small places for careers. Similarly, the University has been rated by Business Insider to be in the Top 20 best college campuses in the nation.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• A Ph.D. in the relevant biological field. A strong background in standard molecular/cellular biology techniques.
• Extensive experience with tissue culture and immunofluorescence microscopy is required.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills, enthusiasm for the research and desire to work are a must.
• Track record of productive research demonstrated by a minimum of 2 first author publications. In addition, the ideal candidate will work both independently and as part of a team as well as provide both intellectual and technical input on the projects.
• Familiarity with immunofluorescence microscopy, lenti/retroviral cell line generation, DNA damage repair and/or virology is a plus.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid driver's license upon start of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Curriculum vitae (including complete publication record)
• Three professional references that include complete contact information (name, title, phone number and email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 27, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2239047