Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Title: Finance Associate
Department: Office of Finance
Supervisor: Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed as received with priority given to applications received by May 2, 2022
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), a research, policy and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in the US, Canada and Mexico, is seeking an associate to provide administrative and finance support to its Office of Finance. The incumbent will perform a broad array of tasks to ensure effective office operations, including coordinating accounts payable, reviewing expense reports, reconciling accounts, scheduling meetings and coordinating calendars, preparing expense reports, and providing other support to ensure the efficient operations of the Finance Office. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to learn about and support the effective operations of a dynamic non-profit team. The successful candidate will have strong writing skills, be detail-oriented and well-suited to work in a fast-paced environment. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC. Employees are working in a hybrid environment from locations within DC, MD, VA. Employees of APLU must reside in DC, MD, or VA, be up to date with their COVID vaccinations and pass standard background checks.
The incumbent’s primary duties and responsibilities will include the following:
• Coordinate the accounts payable process, ensuring payment requests are fulfilled in a timely manner, expenses are properly coded, and all APLU and grant guidelines are followed. Monitor APLU bills and ensure they are paid on time.
• Provide general administrative support to the CFO and the Office of Finance, including scheduling meetings, reconciling AMX bills, updating the APLU database, supporting meetings and events, etc.
• Monitor the bank account for automatic deductions and record them in the Great Plains accounting system.
• Assist with the expense report reconciliation process, including reviewing staff reconciliations for accuracy and adherence to APLU/grant policy.
• Generate and distribute monthly department and grant reports and respond to department inquiries on the reports.
• Update monthly reconciliation of assigned G/L accounts and departments/projects.
• Assist with the annual audit process.
• Participate as an integral member of the Finance Team, and APLU employee, and contribute to an inclusive, welcoming, and collegial workplace.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• A bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent professional work experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
• The ability to balance multiple tasks and priorities, identify problems, meet deadlines, and bring any issues to the attention of the appropriate team members.
• The ability to maintain poise, professionalism, focus, consistency, and accuracy under pressure.
• Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
• Experience with Office365 highly preferred, including Excel, and SharePoint. Comfort developing and manipulating spreadsheets.
• Ability to conduct and participate in virtual meetings, especially via Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
• Commitment to the work of APLU and its values of diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Ability to travel domestically as needed.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to APLU’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Finance Associate no later than May 2, 2022. Applications will be reviewed as received and continue until the position is filled. APLU provides a generous benefits package.
APLU is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment and promoting a sense of belonging, which includes recruiting, employing, training, compensating and promoting staff regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.