Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Financial Aid Specialist
Department: 3670003540 Student Financial Assistance
Job no: 512950
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Office / Clerical, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 07A
About This Role:
The Office of Student Financial Assistance seeks applicants for a financial aid specialist where the primary responsibilities include:
• Managing the university's tuition assistance programs, such as the Employee Tuition Assistance and Dependent/Spouse Grant programs. Tasks include reviewing applications for eligibility, making the award in KSIS, answering questions from employees and departments, and collaborating with Human Capital Services and the Cashier's Office.
• Managing the Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Kansas Career Work-Study programs. Tasks include reviewing FWS position descriptions, communicating and collaborating with on- and off-campus employers and with Human Capital Services, generating annual contracts with off-campus employers, and accurate accounting to ensure funds are fully expended.
• Reviewing daily reports and updating KSIS to ensure students have accurate budgets and that all additional financial resources are accounted for when offering federal student aid. Researching students' records is necessary and performing accurate analysis of data is important to ensure appropriate steps are taking within KSIS.
• Assisting with summer aid processing through reviewing applications, making initial awards within KSIS, revising awards when appropriate, monitoring disbursement holds and enrollment changes.
• Assisting with overall daily processing needs that may consist of one-semester awarding, adjusting and revising aid, working ad-hoc reports or queries, etc. The position will also assist with customer service demands during peak times by answering office phone line or other related tasks.
Why Join Us:
The staff members in the Office of Student Financial Assistance serve students and their families now and throughout their time at Kansas State University.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• 3-5 years relevant experience
• Successful completion of college-level accounting, finance, or business course work
• 9 or more months of work experience with student financial assistance
• 2 or more years of work experience in a position with customer service or regulatory accounting duties
• Able to prioritize work with the understanding of which tasks are more time-sensitive than others
• Able to analyze, interpret, and explain complex regulations and/or policies
• Able to communicate effectively through both oral and written communications
• Employment experience specific to accounting, budgeting, finance, or banking
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, etc)
• Work experience with data entry into student or service information system
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
• Incumbent must be eligible to be registered as an administrative user of all federal student aid systems made available to aid administrators such as the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), Common Origination and Disbursement System (COD), FAA Access to CPS, etc.. Due to federal access standards to these systems, the incumbent must be personally in good standing in regard to any federal student loan repayment obligations and must not owe a repayment on a federal grant.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three Professional References
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$17.34 - $18.50 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 27, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3038080