Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Food Service Supervisor
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 511127
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Dining / Hospitality, Food Safety
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
This Supervisor position offers the unique opportunity to demonstrate culinary skills and to provide first-line leadership (shift leader) in the preparation, production, and execution of high-quality custom food orders. The position will work as part of Union Station by JP's diverse culinary team dedicated to providing an outstanding dining experience. Come work with top-of-the-line equipment in a state-of-the-art kitchen that you can be proud to work in! This hospitality leadership role enjoys the benefit of following the University/State holiday schedule in addition to working a generous non-traditional foodservice industry schedule.
Why Join Us:
http://housing.k-state.edu/ (HDS) is a large, self-operated auxiliary department serving more than 4,000 students that call the K-State campus home. This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe and engaging accommodations for our residents, while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits.
In addition to serving students and the campus community, our retail venues provide the opportunity to serve the local community. HDS retail operations include Union Station by JP's, Fast Track, JP's Sports Grill, JP's Catering services, Cornerstone Cafe at Jardine, Wefald, & Hale Library, The Bakery at Derby, and numerous Quik Cats Convenience Stores across campus!
This is a unique opportunity to showcase leadership and cooking skills together in a gastropub that serves high-quality locally influenced food with amazing Kansas microbrew beers.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Participate in the production of quality food and beverages following standardized menus, recipes, and procedures
• Assists in the coordination of food production using a recipe, portion control, and small-large batch cooking methods for restaurant customers
• Serves as a lead worker for University Support Staff (USS) and hourly student employees in food production and/or service
• Trains, planes, and assigns the work of USS and/or student employees in the preparation and service of quality food
• Evaluates the effective use of resources and provides input for improvements
• Actively participates in job training sessions and meetings
• Implements and adheres to HACCP and Food Safety systems in production and service areas
• Promotes a “guest first” service culture and consistently engages in positive staff interactions that support an effective team environment
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year of relevant experience
• “From scratch” volume food production experience
• Lead worker or supervisory experience
• High school graduation/GED
• One year of experience in full service, fast-casual restaurant, or commercial/institutional kitchen
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
• Considerable knowledge of large scale food preparation, equipment, health sanitation, and safety procedures
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Ability to work shifts that may include evenings and/or week-ends.
• This position is considered essential during a Declaration of Inclement Weather.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position that require moderate physical exertion on a regular basis. This includes, but is not limited to, lifting, bending, standing, reaching, repetitive movement and transporting items up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Please complete the on-line application.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$13.70 - $14.50 per hour plus $.40 per hour differential for qualifying shifts
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2376940