Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to be a part of a community that enjoys a beautiful 400-acre campus with park-like settings, supports world-renowned research, teaching, and outreach, or assists students to become successful citizens, consider a career with Oregon State University (OSU).
OSU Ecampus is seeking a front-end developer to join our Course Development and Training (CDT) unit.
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative, and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world. OSU Ecampus is a leader in national online education, our online bachelor’s program is currently ranked #4 in the nation by U.S. News & World Report and has ranked in the top 10 for seven consecutive years.
About the position:
The front-end developer will provide programming and multimedia support for OSU Ecampus’ course needs. This position will report directly to the Assistant Director of Course Development and Training and will be part of the multimedia team, a sub-team of the Course Development and Training (CDT) unit. The CDT unit provides expertise and support for the development of online and hybrid courses, including instructional design services, innovative multimedia development, and faculty development programming and support.
The front-end developer will collaborate closely with other programmers on the multimedia web development team including instructional designers and faculty course developers to ensure high-quality projects are produced. This position works closely with faculty and administrators to assess how multimedia technologies can augment students’ abilities to meet course learning outcomes. The position builds long-term positive relationships and collaborates with faculty, instructors, and content experts to identify needs.
OSU Ecampus maintains and enhances a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. This position directly contributes to those goals by designing learning environments that are inclusive, accessible, and follow the best practices of Universal Design for Learning.
Job duties include:
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable applications created in React.js or Vue.js
- Collaborate with other developers to design the visual interface for custom projects
- Provide development lead work to student workers, review work for quality and accessibility
- Troubleshoot web applications to resolve issues and diagnose problems that affect OSU Ecampus’ students/faculty
- Research and develop methods/technology to improve instruction, knowledge transfer, and learner retention
- Identify emerging technologies to use to enhance/improve the quality of media projects
- Assess and evaluate the effectiveness of technological components/products, suggest improvements
- Attend professional workshops and meetings
- Ensure all projects meet security and data integrity as established by OSU Ecampus and OSU IT
- Maintain appropriate documentation related to data security regarding the projects completed
- For full details and more information go to https://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/105581
- This classification requires a basic foundation of knowledge and skills in systems analysis and related programming support functions generally obtained by a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or an equivalent amount of training and applied experience
- Experience developing in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
- This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check
- Demonstrated skill and experience in React, Vue, and or Redux.
- Experience with Serverless/Amazon Web Services.
- Experience working with databases. (SQL and/or NoSQL).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Experience with source control/version control systems (such as Git).
- Experience with designing responsive and accessible web applications.
- Experience integrating with APIs (REST).
- Education, training, or experience with project management.
- Experience with Agile (scrum, kanban).
- Experience working with a diverse group of people/teams.
- Demonstrated ability to scope complex, time-sensitive projects to successful completion.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Outlook, etc.)
OSU is committed to a culture of civility, respect, and inclusivity. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, OSU values diversity in our faculty and staff regardless of their self-identity; to that end, we particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, veterans, women, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
- Medical coverage - Employer contribution toward CORE benefits (medical, vision, dental, employee basic life). Optional spouse/domestic and dependent coverage.
- Vacation leave (8-18 hours/month based on years of service), sick leave (8 hours/month), personal days (24 hours/year), and 10 paid holidays
- Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (OPSRP)
- Health Engagement Model
- Disability insurance
- Long-Term care insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Life insurance. Optional employee & spouse/domestic partner coverage.
- Parental or family medical leaves
- Employee Assistance Program
- Orange rewards for 10% discount at all university restaurants
- Professional development opportunities
- College savings program
- Free access to Care.com
- Cell phone provider discounts available at AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile/Sprint
- Reduced tuition rates for you or your dependents/spouse/domestic partner
Pay rate: $25.98/hour - $48.22/hour, starting salary will be commensurate with education, skills, experience, and internal equity
Job type: Full time
Work schedule: Typical work week, Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Corvallis, OR. This position would have the option to be remote until June 30, 2022.
How to apply: If you meet the qualifications and are excited about the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization please submit an application using the link -
Full consideration deadline: 9/7/2021
Closing date: 9/27/2021