Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND EXTENSION
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
Title: Agent Associate
Functional Title: FSNE Nutrition Educator—Baltimore County/City
Position Number: 122520
Category Status: Faculty, Non-Tenured, Continuing Contract (This is a Non-State Funded Position)
Unit: AGNR-UME-Family and Consumer Sciences
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
This is a 12 month, term appointment. The full-time position is part of the Food Supplement Nutrition Education program (FSNE) conducted by the University of Maryland Extension. The educator will deliver nutrition education programs to low income residents in Baltimore City/County with emphasis on reaching food supplement (stamp) recipients. The position will be housed between the Baltimore County Extension office in Cockeysville, MD and the Baltimore City Extension office in Baltimore, MD.
· Plan and conduct nutrition education programs for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) participants in Baltimore County/City.
· Collaborate with local food assistance programs to develop and distribute nutrition information.
· Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with community organizations to plan, implement, and evaluate programs and seek new partnerships to deliver nutrition education programs, with a focus on multi-level interventions as depicted in the Socio-Ecological Model.
· Use FSNE evaluation instruments to conduct program assessment and report formative, process, and outcome evaluation data.
· Attend FSNE staff development programs and participate in monthly conference calls.
· Bachelor's Degree in nutrition, health education, or a related field.
· Applicants must be self-motivated, flexible, innovative, and resourceful with skills in conducting community-based education programs.
· A valid driver's license and access to an automobile for travel in Baltimore County/City and to FSNE trainings.
· Master's Degree.
· Experience in community organizing and/or partnering with grassroots communities and schools.
· Experience in writing grants and securing funds for projects.
· Experience working with diverse community stakeholders.
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience with a base salary of $48,500. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
Salary will be commensurate with experience with a base salary of $48,500. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefits package.
Applications: All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu. When applying, please submit application letter, resume, copy of transcripts and names/contact information of 3 professional references.
Closing Date: until filled
The University of Maryland, College Park, actively subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, age, sex, color, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry or national origin, marital status, genetic information, political affiliation, and gender identity or expression. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply