Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 511018
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Division of Financial Services is seeking applicants for the Unclassified Position of Grant Accountant (Accountant III) in the Sponsored Programs Accounting Section. This position ensures university externally sponsored project funding is appropriately monitored and accounted for within the guidelines set forth by the sponsor, and compliance with federal, state, and university guidelines and regulations pertaining to grants administration.
• Responsible for learning and applying rules and regulations relevant to university research administration.
• Responsible for financial administration, compliance, and oversight of all assigned sponsored program accounts.
• Prepare documents used to establish accounts and attributes for new and modified awards.
• Generate invoices, letter of credit cash requests, financial property, invention, or other reports in sponsor-required formats to meet sponsor-imposed deadlines.
• Prepare invoices and reports using the K-State central accounting system, Excel spreadsheets, and Access databases.
• Invoice other State of Kansas agencies using the state accounting system.
• Record and manage accounts receivable related to the prepared invoices and other receipts in the central accounting systems. Management of accounts receivables includes handling and resolving collections issues.
• Review of expenditures to identify unallowable costs or other errors.
• Communicate directly with sponsors, faculty, department staff, and other central administrative offices regarding award administration. Serve as primary contact with sponsors regarding financial compliance.
• Provide training and assistance to K-State faculty and administrative personnel regarding financial issues and costs or activities that are deemed as non-compliant.
Why Join Us:
Join the Division of Financial Services team. We work with departments to provide excellent customer service and foster teamwork, professional development, and career opportunities for our team members. Visit our website: http:/www.k-state/edu/finsvcs
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off- vacation, sick, and holidays.
To learn more visit: http:/www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma
• Three years of experience in professional accounting/auditing work (Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.)
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting or related business field (or work equivalent)
• Experience or skills in grants and contracts within a university setting
• Solid computer skills, including spreadsheets and databases
• Accounting knowledge
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills
• Project Management/Professional experience: Attention to detail; ability to work independently and set priorities
• Compliance/Audit experience
• Experience in the interpretation and application of guidelines, statutes, and regulations
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by July 16, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$21.52 to $22.36 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 02, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2345992