Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
HR System Analyst
Department: 3670008010 Human Capital Services
Job no: 512044
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance, Human Resources, Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 11A
About This Role:
The HR System Analyst (Human Capital Supervisor-Central) provides functional support in the development, implementation, and enhancements critical to Human Capital Services (Benefits, Payroll, and personnel transaction teams). Improves business processes by analyzing day-to-day and recurring operations and takes a functional lead in designing and communicating enhancements and fixes.
Communicates with Human Capital Services (HCS) staff and customers of any status updates and testing. Leads projects, enhancements and the documenting and training staff on improvements and changes, including upgrades to Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) (PeopleSoft 9.2 HRMS). Includes HRIS Table Maintenance and updates for multiple HCS units.
Assists with Foreign National Expert (i.e., ensures foreign national Form I-9's, tax treaties and substantial presence test are up-to-date and completed correctly. Conducts training on these subjects for HCS Department liaisons. Provides guidance to those in HCS processing NRA transactions (i.e. hires, rehires, etc.)
Approves and directs personnel HRIS Security Access in the Information Technology Assistance Center regarding the update of employees' access to functional roles and reports.
• Analyze HRIS functions and identify enhancements, efficiencies and problems and recommend modifications; develop solutions, detailed specifications and develop a functional specification to the programmers during the development phase. Analyzes modification results and recommends approval of developments. Writes and submits HRIS enhancements and tests for designated results for multiple HCS units (benefits, payroll, and personnel transaction teams).
• Maintain and Update PeopleSoft 92. HRSM related set up tables for updating multiple HCS units (benefits, talent solutions and Resource Center. Ex: job codes, job family, departments, locations, etc.).
• Manages HRIS/PeopleSoft Access by approving and directing personnel in the Information Technology Assistance Center regarding the update of employees' access to HRIS functional roles and reports Also provides functional support to end-users.
• Directs & administers university compliance with employment and tax laws applicable to the employment of foreign national students, faculty & staff. Develops and presents training programs regarding foreign national employment and taxation. Audits HRIS records regarding tax treaty balances.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience
• This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to learn new tasks quickly and efficiently.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• List of three current professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by January 21, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$58,038 to $62,000 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 07, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2760832