Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Human Capital Analyst
Department: 3670010010 Ag Deans Office & Dir AES
Job no: 511100
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Business / Accounting / Finance, Human Resources, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
This position provides centralized human resource management, support, guidance, and administration for the four departments housed in Umberger Hall and three departments in Waters Hall. This position will be responsible for understanding unique funding details and the payroll process and be responsible for reconciling payroll and providing college-level HR reporting and analysis. The incumbent serves as the initial contact for federal, state, and university human resource policies and guidelines for managers and supervisors in the departments. The incumbent is responsible for conferring and advising administrators, department heads, managers, supervisors, and employees. The incumbent manages the hiring and recruitment process, processes all personnel paperwork, administers the time and leave process, monitors FMLA, and serves as the HCS liaison. This position will be responsible for understanding unique funding details and the payroll process and will be responsible for reconciling payroll and providing college-level HR reporting and analysis.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree or educational equivalent as determined relevant by the hiring manager.
• One year of relevant experience.
• Three years experience as a human resource generalist for recruitment, employee relations, performance management, time and leave, FMLA, and employment transactions.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management or related field.
• Knowledgeable of state and federal laws and regulations regarding human resource practices.
• Possess current PHR/SPHR certification.
• Possess effective leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely while practicing tact and confidentiality with a diverse group of people and in different disciplines.
• Ability to hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and ensure the completion of the task.
• Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency.
• Ability to anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders, prioritizing multiple duties given from multiple sources.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience and ability in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with individuals internal to an organization and the general public.
• Experience working with an applicant tracking system such as PageUp.
• Experience working with PeopleSoft and/or HRIS.
• Computer Proficiency, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
July 28, 2021, and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$48,000 - $53,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 15, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2373622