Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Capital Representative - Employment Coordinator (College of Veterinary Medicine)
Department: 3670080012 Vet Med Support Services
Job no: 511304
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Human Resources
Pay Grade: 07A
About this Role:
The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Human Capital Representative. This position exists to ensure an efficient and effective recruitment strategy for candidates of the College of Veterinary Medicine, this includes finding new and creative ways to source positions, meeting with candidates to ensure their questions are answered and determining ways to create a better candidate experience in the future. This position is also responsible for onboarding new employees of the CVM by processing paperwork, ensuring proper training is completed and assisting employees in getting around the CVM on their first days of employment.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the new employee onboarding process with employee, position supervisor, and department.
• Process new employee appointment paperwork for faculty, unclassified and USS employees.
• Meet with new employees for onboarding process to ensure understanding of payroll and personnel policies and procedures, benefits options and CVM environment.
• Ensure new employee has all aspects of startup in place (i.e. phone, computer, desk, chair, badge and door access, network access, etc.)
• Work with new employee to ensure appropriate training is completed and/or employee is signed up for necessary trainings.
• Ensure new employee is welcomed, introduced to appropriate administrators, faculty and staff, taken on tour of the college. Follow up with all new employees during first week, first month and 60 days.
• Manage full-cycle recruitment process in the PageUp Applicant Tracking System from hiring approval, setting the recruitment strategy and manage its execution through sourcing, interviewing, scheduling, hiring decision and negotiating offers.
• Develop, plan and execute sourcing strategies determining appropriate places to post opportunities such as job boards and social media.
• Manage relationships with candidates, hiring managers, and others involved in the interview process; ensure all parties are updated on current status. Keep interview packets readily available for interested candidates.
• Advise and train hiring managers in interviewing techniques, evaluation methods, and hiring practices. Train users on scoring in the PageUp system as necessary.
• Work with all departments to generate candidate itineraries and meet with candidates regarding employment information, CVM information or Manhattan information. Ensure a positive and exciting experience for the candidate.
• Promotes inclusion and diversity through the recruitment program.
• Coordinate the monthly distribution of CVM anniversary cards to employees.
• Work with HR colleagues to identify new opportunities to add value to the organization; help HR colleagues with projects (as and where needed).
• Compiles information and prepares reports including, but not limited to, Recruitment and New Hires, to the HR Manager and Assistant Dean for Administration and Finance monthly.
• Organize and assist New Employee Orientation
• Other projects as assigned
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• High School Diploma
• Three years of relevant experience
• Leads by example by exhibiting integrity, dedication and positive attitude towards the CVM and Kansas State University
• Knowledge of terminology, principles and procedures of human resource management
• Knowledge of federal laws applicable to a comprehensive human resource program as well as state laws, rules and regulations applicable to human resource functions
• Knowledge of the K-State policies and procedures regarding human resource functions
• Knowledge of the methods and practices used to evaluate and interpret data and compile reports in narrative and statistical form
• Knowledge of technical and management methodologies involved in performing classification of positions, employment, compensation, benefits, labor relations, equal employment opportunity, training, research or other related human resource areas
• Ability to plan, analyzes details, develop and formulate recommendations for implementation of human resource processes and functions
• Ability to read and comprehend detailed and verily procedures used to resolve a variety of human resource issues
• Ability to analyze human resource issues and formulate logical recommendations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency officials, other employees and the public
• Ability to evaluate, maintain and implement technology solutions to human resource processes
• Excellent written and verbal skills, ability to work independently and make sound independent decisions
• Knowledge of spreadsheet applications
• Ability to work in a team setting
• Experience in human resources for higher education
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 17.00 - $ 26.35 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 29, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2551271
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.