Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Human Capital Specialist I
Department: 3670025010 Business Administration Dean
Job no: 512753
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance, Human Resources, Office / Clerical
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The College of Business Administration is seeking a Human Capital Specialist to join their team. This position will support all departments and centers in the college. This position will serve as the recruitment coordinator for all staff and faculty recruitments, provides position management, personnel file management and process appointments within the college. Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Provides guidance to search committees and support through the recruitment process
• Processes recruitments and positions descriptions in PageUp
• Works with Human Capital Services to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
• Responsible for onboarding and offboarding of employees
• Completes appointment paperwork for all positions
• Maintains time and leave and administers leave programs as needed, including the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
• Provides customer service to all CBA employees as a point of contact for HR-related questions
• Assists with the coordination of summer appointments
• Assists with payroll funding, payroll transfers, and payroll as needed
• Supports human capital college-level projects as needed
• Serves as first point of contact for students, K-State employees and external constituents of the Finance department
This position reports to the Budget Director.
Why Join Us:
Our goal is to provide excellent undergraduate and graduate degree programs that will prepare students to become successful business professionals in an increasingly diverse and interconnected workplace. The College's comparative advantage derives from a strong, inclusive family culture, a diverse and well-qualified student population, a faculty committed to high-quality research and teaching, dedicated staff, and strong support from alumni and the business community. The College is accredited by AACSB in both business administration and accounting.
To learn more visit: http://www.cba.ksu.edu/
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma and two years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to determine priorities, exercise sound judgment and work independently
• Willingness to learn new software, to develop additional skills, and to engage in professional development
• Ability to exercise discretion and uphold confidentiality
• Demonstrated background or knowledge of human resource processes and policies
• Commitment to understanding one's own experiences and perspectives as well as the experiences and perspectives of diverse others in an effort to cultivate strong relationships and collaboration.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Eligible to become a Notary Public upon employment.
How to Apply:
In order to receive full consideration, please upload the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 22, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$16.34 - $18.26 hourly ($34,000 - $38,000 annually)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 11, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3010701