Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Human Resources Assistant (K-State Athletics)
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 511477
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Human Resources, Athletics
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT, which is a full-time, hourly, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job duties includes but are not limited to:
• Process biweekly payroll using a timeclock system, PeopleSoft software program, and MS Access.
• Enter and verify time and/or leave hours for hourly and salaried employees, run multiple reports to ensure all employees work/leave time is entered properly by the established deadlines.
• Process employment of hourly unclassified temp and hourly student employees and transmit to HCS on-campus using ImageNow system.
• Assist with full-time employment processing, and departmental local agency benefits open enrollment.
• Scanning, copying and filing duties as assigned.
Why Join Us:
K-State Athletics is seeking a qualified applicant to join our busy HR Office in the exciting world of collegiate athletics, who is dependable, customer service-oriented, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to multi-task and have excellent attention to detail with the ability to work without supervision after learning the job's duties. The person in this position will ensure accurate recording and processing the biweekly payroll, which includes using a timeclock system, PeopleSoft software, Microsoft Access and Excel and other computer programs/systems, as well as prepare multiple reports to verify accuracy by established deadlines. This position will also prepare and process unclassified hourly temp and hourly student employees employment paperwork, which includes preparing employment forms and information sheets, scheduling appointments, meeting with new hires to complete their hire process, processing, and verifying employment paperwork in the PeopleSoft system.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/careers/
Manhattan has been recently ranked #19 in "Best Small Cities (under 75,000 population) in the U.S. by NerdWallet.com for Quality of Life, Economic Health, and Affordability, while Livability.com named Manhattan the #1 College Town in America. K-State Athletics is also a proud member of the Big 12 Conference.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High school diploma or GED
• Three years of payroll entry and verification experience
• Experience providing excellent customer service in a busy office
• Excellent experience using MS Excel, Word and Access, and Adobe
• PeopleSoft program experience entering time and leave
• ImageNow software experience
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the position, please complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
• Cover letter describing your qualifications for the position
• Resume with three professional references that includes contact information (name, title, phone number and email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
• Medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave plan
• Term life insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
K-State Athletics Local Agency Employee Benefits Information: https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/2020/3/6/athletics-human-resources.aspx?path=resources
Salary Rate / Pay Rate:
$ 33,280 - $ 37,440 annual salary ($ 16.00 - $ 18.00 per hour) with PAID overtime
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If position is in development, business office or ticket office, the background screen will include a credit check.
Advertised: Sep 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled