Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Information Systems Analyst
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 511116
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance, Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Information Systems Analyst (Computer Systems Specialist) provides daily support for the University student financials, student financial data reporting, and third-party payment process campus support.
• Implements and maintains student financial configurations for the Kansas State Student Information System (KSIS).
• Supports student fee assessment and analysis of payment, waiver, and financial aid applications for the University.
• Collaborates with other student financial offices to ensure integration, compatibility, and accuracy of data and processes and monitor application processes.
• Generates 1098-T tax documents and report to IRS. Review and research student financial data steward requests.
• Works with the Division of Information Technology to coordinate the creation of functional specifications relating to Student Financials and associated systems.
• Works with the IT student financials team regarding system enhancement requests, incidents, application upgrades, and necessary reporting structures.
• Oversees the processing of information for student financials, Oracle financials, and other University applications.
• Query, analyze, and summarize data on a monthly and ad hoc basis for the Chief Financial Officer, Budget Office, Assistant Vice President of Financial Services regarding student fee collections, third party billing, student credit hours, annual financial reporting, and other financial data queries as identified by the Assistant Director.
• Assists with Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance for third-party payment processors. Facilitate information gathering and review potential third-party payment engagements to ensure University is engaging compliant processing partners. Assist with setup of third-party payment receivable between vendor and KSU.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma and two years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in Information Management/Systems, Accounting, or related business field
• Prior experience in a higher education institution
• Prior experience in student financials
• Strong IT background, including an understanding of technology solutions and services
• Experience analyzing and reporting data
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing detailed reports and data summaries
• Creative problem solver
• Self-directed team player
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three Professional References with current contact information.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by July 30, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$45,000 to $53,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 15, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2374432