Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Technology Support Specialist (K-State Athletics)
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 510441
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT SPECIALIST, which is a full-time, hourly, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job duties includes but are not limited to:
• Provide computer hardware, software and technical support to department staff, including but not limited to setup, installation and maintenance of user accounts, email accounts, computers, printers, iPads, cellphones and other related equipment
• Purchase and maintain inventory of staff assigned equipment.
• Setup new staff members with cellphone, computer, and email; and receive/document departing staff IT equipment and email
• Provide guidance, training, and answer support questions
• Work with University IT support staff; submit job tickets in the ‘Service Now' IT support portal for phone swaps, network cable drops, and other general IT requests
Why Join Us:
We are looking for a candidate who possesses excellent IT skills and wants to become a member of our staff to help advance our IT office through hard work, knowledge, dependability, and dedication, and who will provide the exceptional customer service to our staff.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally, and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree by the end of May 2021 in computer field. An Associate of Science degree with an emphasis in computers plus two years of experience can be substituted
• One year of relevant computer-related experience supporting end users and working with cellphones
• One year of experience working with Windows and Apple operating systems
• One year of experience working with desktop and network printers
• Master's Degree in a computer-related field
• CompTIA A+ certification or currently in process of obtaining this certification
• Two or more years of relevant computer-related experience
• Paciolan ticketing software experience
• Support level knowledge of KSU systems and network
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
• Ability to successfully lift and carry up to 75 pounds.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required, and be on-call for emergencies as needed
• Must have a valid driver's license at all times
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
• Cover letter including your qualifications for the position
• Resume that includes three professional references and their contact information (name, title, phone number, email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled
Salary Rate / Pay Rate:
$40,000 to $45,000 annual base pay ($19.24 to $21.64 per hour) with paid overtime
• Medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave plan
• Term life insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If the position is in the development, business or ticket office, the background screen will include a credit check.
Advertised: Apr 13, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233654