Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructor (Upward Bound Summer Academy - K-State Polytechnic)
Department: 3670003820 Education and Personal Develop
Job no: 510239
Employment type: Temporary Full-time
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Education / Instructional
Pay Grade: 01T
About This Role:
The Upward Bound Program at K-State Polytechnic is seeking an instructor. The instructor will provide instruction to the Upward Bound Summer Academy participants. The Upward Bound Summer Program classes will be held June 7 - July 16, 2021. The Instructor will develop a curriculum and teach a specific subject: STEM-focused: Coding, Unmanned Aerial Systems, Robotics, etc.; English; Math; Foreign Language during the summer program for income-limited and/or first-generation college-bound students. This is a temporary role, located in Salina, Kansas.
Why Join Us:
Upward Bound is a campus-based TRIO program designed to assist area high school students with additional academic preparation, advisement, and encouragement to succeed in high school and later in college.
The Upward Bound Program participants are involved in the program from the time they are selected for participation until they graduate from high school. The program offers a six-week summer program, which consists of residential and non-residential components and Saturday sessions during the academic year. Students must meet family income guidelines and/or be first-generation college-bound.
There is no cost for participation in the program.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree - college, secondary or elementary teacher certification
• At least one year of teaching experience
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the subject matter being taught: STEM-focused curriculum (Coding, Unmanned Aerial Systems, Robotics, etc.), Math, Science, English, Foreign Language, and/or Financial Literacy
• Demonstrated experience in communicating course content clearly and creatively
• Experience in developing course design, content, and selections of materials
• Experience in developing specific curricula -- incorporating skills and applications for specific classes -- for effective learning
• Must incorporate ACT English and Math test preparation activities into courses and design a project-based curriculum to align with STEM Project during summer program
• Demonstrated experience in working independently
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience interpreting and understanding Federal guidelines related to TRIO programs. Comprehensive knowledge of grammar and English usage
• Demonstrated experience in communicating effectively both orally and in writing
• Must attend the 3-day training on June 2-4, 2021
• CPR and First Aid Training, provided as on the job training, if program is in-person.
Due to the uncertainties of COVID-19, the Upward Bound program will provide one of the following options for the summer program: virtual, hybrid, or in-person summer program based on the K-State guidelines and recommendations. Therefore, Staff Assistant/Instructors must be flexible to providing curriculum instruction virtually, if the summer program cannot be in-person.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest describing how the candidate's qualifications match the search committee's desired qualifications.
• Complete contact information for 3 professional references citing relationship with each
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 30, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$10.00-$35.00 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 01, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233686