Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructor/Extension Specialist 4-H Youth Development Agricultural Sciences
Department: 3670010230 Northeast Regional Ext Office
Job no: 511086
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, 4-H Youth Development, Child Development, Extension Agent / Educator
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Eastern Center Head and Department Head of 4-H Youth Development seeks a dynamic and innovative professional to provide leadership and programmatic direction for Agricultural and Natural Science project areas for:
• Statewide Agricultural Sciences youth programs, especially growing Agriculture literacy.
• Career and college readiness of youth
• Assigned to liaison with Agriculture Science related departments in K-State's College of Agriculture, Engineering, Education, and Arts and Sciences
• Local professionals & volunteers from 15-19 Kansas Counties (in the Eastern Extension Region) engaging in overall 4-H youth development.
• Work collaboratively with Eastern Centers Extension program specialists to meet local needs.
The Extension Specialist will carry out the mission of the 4-H Youth Development Program and KSRE under the direction of the Eastern Research and Extension Centers Head, the Department Head of 4-H Youth Development, and the Eastern Local
This position will serve as a key member of a team of 4-H Youth Development Specialists who collaboratively work within four strategic content areas of STEM & Agriculture; Communications & the Arts; Health Living; and Community Vitality (Leadership & Civic Engagement) to develop and deliver high quality education programs and workforce readiness initiatives.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Master's degree in agriculture education, youth development, education, agriculture, non-profit and leadership studies, or a closely related discipline.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (oral, written, and understanding skills).
• Demonstrated leadership in understanding and working with diverse populations, and/or strong evidence of cultural sensitivity.
• Demonstrated competence in building relationships and working effectively with individuals, groups, colleagues, and the ability to develop and lead partnerships and collaborations.
• Demonstrated leadership and skills in clarifying performance expectations in working with boards and coaching employees via remote supervision.
• Ability to speak and communicate bilingually (Spanish preferred) and evidence of cultural sensitivity
• Solid experience or coursework in developing and delivering education programs in a non-formal setting
• Experience with workforce readiness initiatives particularly related to Agriculture and Natural Sciences related careers.
• Demonstrated record of competitive grant writing, fund development and marketing
• Experience in working with and supervising volunteers
• Teaching experience in community settings
• Demonstrated use of computer and technology in managing and/or delivering educational programs.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
1) letter of application highlighting how the candidate fits the position and statement of their youth development philosophy and interest in workforce readiness initiatives,
2) curriculum vitae or resume,
3) copies of transcripts for all university degrees
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins immediately and continues until sustainable candidate is found. For best consideration, apply by July 28.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 13, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2369574