Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Integrated Health Studies Program Administrator
Department: 3670020010 Arts & Sciences Dean Office
Job no: 511362
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Health Profession
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The College of Arts & Sciences is hiring for an Integrated Health Studies Program Administrator. This role is designed to coordinate/manage/direct the new Integrated Health Studies (IHS) secondary major in the college. The IHS program was created to strengthen existing pre-health programs with a holistic program that pairs a strong science foundation with social and ethical skills to help create good patient-centered health care practitioners. The Program Administrator for IHS will be responsible for oversight of students in the major, and for recruiting and marketing for the program. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Lead and direct the program; Organize and coordinate enrollment and progression of students through the program; Advise IHS secondary majors who do not have a pre-health advisor; Coordinate with departments on course offerings for the major; Coordinate and approve internships/research experiences for capstone requirement; Compile data and prepare reports relating to student enrollment, graduation, and assessment of degree program
• Develop, oversee and teach IHS capstone course; Oversee and teach one course per semester; Work with pre-health advisors on content and instruction of some aspects of courses; organize lectures from faculty and outside speakers
• Recruit for IHS, pre-health and other interdisciplinary programs; maintain IHS website, social media and advertising; Travel to high school and college recruiting events and community colleges as needed; Develop and organize outreach/growth programs; Advise or co-advise three pre-health clubs that meet twice a month
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
The College of Arts and Sciences seeks to foster diversity in a commitment to recruit, retain and resource peoples historically under-represented in university education in the United States. Fostering diversity goes beyond increasing the numbers of under-represented students, faculty and staff. It also includes a commitment to substantial curricular offerings, resources, and programming that foregrounds the knowledge, perspectives, cultures, and histories of marginalized communities. A truly diverse college culture and structure will benefit all members of the university community to better serve and excel in an increasingly global and multicultural world.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree
• One year of relevant experience
• Master's Degree in health sciences or related field
• Three years relevant experience
• Strong communication skills
• Successful experience and collaboration and outreach to multiple constituents
• Strong multicultural competencies
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Must possess a valid unrestricted driver's license upon employment
How to Apply:
In order to receive full consideration, please upload the following documents:
• A cover letter that includes detailed information describing previous work or education history that makes you a good candidate for this position.
• Current curriculum vitae/resume
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by August 27, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$45,000 - $50,000 annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 02, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled