Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
IT Administrator (College of Veterinary Medicine)
Department: 3670080012 Vet Med Support Services
Job no: 511508
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 11A
About this Role:
The College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for an IT Administrator. This position works as the Network Administrator for IT support services in the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity, and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Administer the Windows network including, but not limited to, installing new hardware, installing and configuring Windows servers, creating deleting user accounts, adding/deleting/modifying NTFS file system rights, backup and recovery of system servers and file system.
• Monitor the windows system and apply updates when needed.
• Assist the help desk personnel when needed.
• Maintain network hardware as needed
• work with campus resources to plan and install entry point switches and wireless access.
• Provide and/or assist with database administration as needed.
• Work with main campus to manage the risk of security exposure or compromise of the CVM information assets.
• Ensure the design, implementation and enforcement of information management and security policies and systems.
• Stay up to date on cyber security information and threats.
• Promote and increase the awareness of information security at the CVM.
• Work closely with the CVM Security Director to implement strong policies, procedures, and best practices related to information security.
Maintain network hardware:
• Configure, install, update, and replace network switches as needed.
• Monitor switch performance and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
• Work with campus resources to plan and install entry point switches and wireless access.
• Work together to troubleshoot network issues that involve equipment that they manage.
• Azure, Sharepoint, 365 Administration and Management
• Manage 365 Active Directory, Teams, Sharepoint and Groups
• Setup and manage Azure firewalls, servers and resources
• Server hardware and software installation and maintenance
• Use Powershell and other scripting languages in automating and managing systems
• Use Power Automate and Microsoft Flows to create work flows, build apps, and Automate tasks
• MS SQL, Oracle, Postgres database installation and maintenance
• Hospital and Lab server and application setup and maintenance
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Associates Degree
• Three - five years of related IT work experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related technical field
• Five years of related IT work experience
• Ability to work independently, interact professionally to accomplish complex interdependent technical objectives
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to collaborate and bring teams together
• Supervisory experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 58,038 - $ 92,871 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 23, 2021