Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
IT Purchasing Agent
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 510906
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The IT Purchasing Agent (Purchasing Agent II) is a full-time Unclassified position in the Division of Financial Services. The purpose of the position is to support the day-to-day operations and tactical functions of the central Purchasing Office related to the procurement of Information Technology goods and services. Responsibilities for this position include:
• Perform strategic sourcing management for information technology products and services, optimizing spend and IT support efficiencies.
• Procures information technology goods and services for moderate to complex and highly technical purchases through the enhanced solicitation or waiver of solicitation processes. Analyze and interpret software licenses, facilitate appropriate review and approval in IT procurement processes, and facilitate the gathering of applicable security, accessibility, and PCI standards.
• Review and negotiate IT-related contracts and manage the contract renewal process.
• Represents KSU Purchasing in meetings and/or committees with KSU IT, vendors, government agencies, professional associations, and other organizations.
• Provides Cloud Economist role for K-State, gathering information regarding Cloud resource needs, evaluating cloud service agreements, and acting as a liaison between KSU Purchasing and the IT Cloud Services team.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Political Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, or closely related field
• Three to four years of related experience in the following areas: IT procurement processes, analyzing software licenses and strategic sourcing, Cloud service agreements, and IT supplies and services
• Prior experience in a higher education institution
• Ability to read and comprehend legal contracting language; University, KBOR policies and procedures and State statutes, Uniform Guidance policies, and technical jargon in specifications and contracts
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing detailed reports of findings and recommendations
• Experience analyzing and reporting data
• Experience leading teams, demonstrating the ability to accomplish goals
• Strong IT background, including an understanding of technology solutions and services, understanding Data Privacy Laws, understanding Electronic and Information Accessibility Standards, contracting risk associated with software purchases, and strategic sourcing
• Creative problem solver
• Self-directed team player
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$53,000 to $68,000 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 01, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2340473