Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IT Support Specialist II (Office of Recruitment and Admissions)
Department: 3670003520 Recruitment and Admissions
Job no: 511070
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Office of Recruitment and Admissions (ORA) is hiring for an Information Technology Specialist II. This role exists to manage recruitment and admissions data for operations and strategic planning in the Office of Recruitment and Admissions. Data integrity is also essential for Enrollment Management and the Office of Institutional Research. The position develops reports and procedures to meet Office of Recruitment and Admissions user needs.
Why Join Us:
The Office of Recruitment and Admissions-Operations resides in the heart of Kansas State University's campus in iconic Anderson Hall. Our office values accurate and efficient service and support for prospective students, their families, and other offices on K-State's campus.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School diploma
• Two years advising and assisting computer users in a distributed computing environment
• Two years of data management experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience working in a university setting or service industry
• Prefer a thorough knowledge of data analysis and integrity
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Knowledgeable about working with confidential information
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with users, operators, programmers and technical and administrative superiors
• Possess the ability to communicate, verbally and in written form, with co-workers, supervisors, faculty/staff, students and administrators
• Ability to operate in a professional manner and to manage large volumes of work is required
• One year working with university administrative systems
• Knowledge and skill in multiple computer environments to include but not limited to KSIS, (PeopleSoft), CRM (Salesforce), SQL, ACCESS, EXCEL, BI Tools, FTP, internet and local area network
• Prefer knowledge of mainframe and client server environments
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled. For best consideration apply by July 29, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Pay Rate Range:
$19.23 - $21.63 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 09, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2362285