Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
IT Support Specialist II (Registrar's Office)
Department: 3670003530 Registrars Office
Job no: 511678
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Registrar's Office is hiring for an IT Support Specialist II. This role serves as a primary member of the Academic Technology unit. The IT Support Specialist supports internal office functions and university administrative systems and requires a working knowledge of all areas with the unit (e.g., u.achieve/DARS; Catalog and Curriculum Systems; Student Information System (KSIS); etc…) cross-trains with other departmental functions to facilitate support and coverage. Demonstrates quality service, innovation, creativity, ethical and proactive behavior, and working knowledge. Responsibilities of this role include:
• Manages and oversees the day-to-day support of the Degree Audit System (u.achieve) processing for the University.
• Building the layout and design of the DARS system and structure known as “Encoding” (i.e., a combination of SQL language, HTML, and DARS/u.achieve specific structures and language. This position ensures that all University, College, Departmental and overall Degree requirements are built for approximately 230+ combinations of degrees, minors, certificates, etc…
• Responsible for the problem analysis, exceptions to policy and coding along with handling the direct resolution of issues in the degree audit as well as for all degree analysts and transfer articulation staff across campus, in the Office of Recruitment and Admissions and Office of the Registrar.
To review the position description of this role click on the link and go to the Open Positions section: https://www.k-state.edu/registrar/about/staff/
Why Join Us:
The https://www.k-state.edu/registrar/about/ provides services to all University stakeholders in support of the institutional mission. We strive to provide excellent customer service that encompasses empathy, patience, passion, persistence, and a sincere desire to improve. We believe communication is crucial to our mission, must reflect our values, and must demonstrate the respect we hold for our community. We maintain the integrity and privacy of the student academic record in a manner that meets student needs and complies with federal, state, and University regulations. We take pride in our integrity and recognize how accountability for our actions is interwoven into our responsibility to one another and the University. We value differences and demonstrate respect for human dignity. We further affirm the worth of each member of our Office and those in the university community by treating each individual with respect and courtesy. Technology and innovation are vital in our desire to embrace intellectual curiosity and creative problem-solving. We aspire to collaborate with the University by providing innovative and solutions-based service.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• Two years of relevant experience in general office, clerical or administrative support work
• Bachelor's Degree
• Four years of relevant experience in general office, clerical or administrative support work
• Higher Education/post-secondary experience: one year progressively responsible experience in Enrollment Management (Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) or experiences directly related area of expertise that interacts with the business processes handled by these offices
• Advanced technical knowledge of and experience with a degree audit reporting system (i.e., u.achieve/DARS) or other on-line degree systems
• 1-3 years relevant experience with PS/SQL, HTML, coding languages and processes or database architecture structures and creation/maintenance of those structures
• Experience with database architectures and database design
• Experience reviewing, implementing, or recommending changes to multiple policies and procedures including University, state, and federal rules and regulations
• Experience or knowledge with curriculum and academic program structures in a university system preferred
• Detailed technical knowledge of Student Information Systems platform(s) - i.e. PeopleSoft/Oracle, Degree Audit Systems (u.achieve/DARS or DegreeWorks); Course and Curriculum Systems (Curriculog/Acalog or CAT/CIM); National Student Clearinghouse, etc….
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in evaluating situations, making decisions as well as grasp new techniques and updates to products/processes quickly
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a highly detailed work environment
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, including an excellent command of the English language, grammar, and syntax
• Experience working with diverse populations along with providing training and technical development, public speaking, presentations, customer service in higher education-related areas
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Heavy lifting of diploma boxes may be required as well as the use of office hand truck for transporting diploma supplies.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Resume (preferred experience in month/year format, education, computer experience, etc..)
• Three professional references with contact information to include: name, address, e-mail address, phone number
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by December 17, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 03, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2725392